Chapter 1

"Lauren!" Chris yelled at his now laughing sister.

"What?" Lauren chuckled.

"You need to stop doing that! I actually liked her!"

"She wasn't even that pretty, Chris. Come on," Lauren laughed.

"Then why did you flirt with her?!" Chris exclaimed, furious at his older sister.

"Whatever," Lauren shrugged and went up to her room.

It wasn't out of ordinary for Lauren to scare off one of Chris' dates. She didn't do it on purpose, Lauren simply admires pretty girls when she sees one.

Ever since Lauren finally came out to her family, nothing has changed, which was an amazing feeling for Lauren. But now that Lauren can flirt or try to hit on a girl when her family's around, she has no shame when it comes to girls that come around for Chris.

Chris doesn't really know how to deal with the problem. It's not like he could straight up tell his sister to stop checking out his dates, because it's most likely not going to happen.

Lauren realizes what she's doing, but she always thought it would be easy for Chris to win another girl over. Even though he was her brother, Lauren had to admit that Chris was a decent looking guy.

It was Friday night and the Jauregui's had nothing planned. Their parents would be working all night at their successful companies. So, with that, Lauren decided to invite Chris and Taylor, her younger sister, to the mall.

"Wanna come to the mall with me?" Lauren asked as she approached her two siblings watching tv.

"Sure!" Taylor eagerly said.

"I guess," Chris shrugged and got up to grab a jacket. Once he did so, they left the house and got inside Lauren's matte black Range Rover. Since Lauren was already out of high school and had no intention on going to college, she decided to save up and buy herself a car. Sooner or later she was planning out moving out.

Once they arrived at the mall, Taylor automatically walked into a Forever 21 store while Lauren and Chris waiting on a bench located just outside.

"So, what do you plan on getting today?" Lauren asked her younger brother.

"I don't know..." Chris said, his eyes scanning towards every direction of the mall. "Hey! Look, she's a hottie!"

"Wow," Lauren said, also eyeing the petite girl. When it came to girls that Chris had no intention on dating, he was okay with checking girls out with Lauren. It was like a bonding experience for them.

"Hey! What are you guys looking at?" Taylor interrupted them with a yellow Forever 21 bag in her hands.

"Oh, uh, nothing. Let's go, Chris."

Lauren got up and began walking off with Taylor, and Chris stayed, still mesmerized by the girl.

Lauren stood behind a plant and eyed Chris carefully. Once the girl was out of Chris' sight, he got out of his thoughts and looked around dramatically for his sisters.

"Idiot," Lauren laughed to herself and caught up with Taylor again.

---

All three got back home from the mall around eight, and they each went straight to their rooms. Taylor's room was right across Lauren's, and Chris had his room right down the hall.

Lauren heard a knock on the door and averted her eyes to the person that just walked in.

"What do you want?" Lauren asked Chris harshly.