Chapter 9

He wasn't eating. Apparently Jay had some hepatic lipidosis symptoms, but if he was carefully fed by hand, Jay would avoid the liver problem.

As the girls drove back to Camila's, they had already made plans to fire up Camila's hot tub. It had its own room with speakers so you could either submerge yourself peacefully or have a mini party.

When the two girls walked into the Cabello's residence, Camila limped her way up to set Jay's cage back into her room. Once she did so, she grabbed two bathing suits from her closet and walked down the stairs to find Lauren admiring one of her basketball pictures.

"MVP," Camila said. "I got it for best player in my league."

"Damn," Lauren gasped, looking at the picture. She wasn't shocked about her being the best player in Miami, she was drooling over how good Camila looked in the picture.

When Lauren finally put the picture down, Camila threw one of her bikinis at Lauren.

"Change into that and meet me down there," Camila winked and walked down to the hot tub room. Lauren walked into the nearest bathroom and changed into the bathing suit.

The bikini was slightly small on Lauren since she was a bigger athlete, but it still fit.

"Wow," Camila mumbled as Lauren walked into the room. "I didn't know you had abs!"

"They're not abs," Lauren laughed and looked down at her stomach. It was true; they weren't abs. Her stomach was simply toned with 2 creases down her stomach, basically screaming 'I work out!'.

Just as Camila was going to plug her phone into the speakers that surrounded every corner of the room, there was a knock on the door.

Camila bolted to the door and nearly cried when she saw who was on the other side.

"D-Mac!" Camila yelled and jumped onto Dinah. She wrapped her legs onto Dinah's torso while Dinah held onto her tightly. After a while of being in that position, Camila finally jumped off of her.

"Why didn't you text me you were back?!"

"Wanted to surprise you, so, surprise!" Dinah said while laughing. Dinah barley noticed that girl was in a bikini and also noticed the wet trail that led to the room Dinah loved. "Without me?!" Dinah walked past Camila and made her way to the hot tub room. "I swear Cabello if you don't invite me next ti-" Dinah stopped talking once she reached the door and noticed Lauren.

"Hi," Lauren smiled shyly, walking over to Dinah. "I'm Lauren."

"Oh, I know who you are," Dinah said. "This one talks about you like crazy," Dinah laughed while pointing to Camila who was struggling to plug her phone into the speakers.

Once everyone settled in, Camila and Lauren got in the tub while Dinah sat right out on a chair since she didn't have spare clothes. Ed Sheeran blasted through the room since it was Camila's music.

"Hey, wanna invite some people? Maybe if we bring some of your friends it could be fun," Camila suggested. Lauren nodded and grabbed her phone that was resting on a towel.

Lauren: wanna come to this sick mansion? were kinda having like a hot tub party except ed sheeran is blasted and theres only 3 people [5:57]

Normani: I'm actually with a friend right now, could I bring her too? She's really sweet and adorable, you'll love her. [6:00]

Lauren: sure, the more the merrier. bring bathing suits [6:00]

Once Lauren texted Normani the address, they waited about fifteen minutes for the girls to show up.