Chapter 10

That same night that Lauren left, Camila immediately headed to Dinah's house. Camila couldn't stand to be alone; at least not when someone entered her life and then walked out.

Dinah allowed Camila to stayover for a bit to have a girls night out...or in.

"So," Dinah said, lying down next to Camila who was scrolling through Twitter. "Why don't you just tell her already?"

"I don't know," Camila sighed, locking her phone screen.

"She's so into you, Mila, don't you see it?"

Camila did see it. She did notice Lauren's interest in her. And to her surprise, Camila had an interest in Lauren too. There was nothing holding her back, except just the thought of dating a girl for the first time.

Camila has never dated a girl. She has had boyfriends and celebrity women crushes, but she has never genuinely had feelings towards a girl. This scared her. She was scared for people's opinions on her and she could already feel all the judgement from different amounts of people.

"I'm just scared," Camila admitted.

"Of what? Even Ally told me that she ships you guys," Dinah laughed lightly.

"People," Camila said. "Some just don't know how to keep their mouths shut. I just don't know if I'll be able to do things with Lauren that she would find normal in public. I've never dated a girl, Dinah. And you know how people are so judgmental nowadays..."

"You shouldn't care what others think of you, Mila. It's your life, so live it."

Camila sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "You're right."

"Duh," Dinah teased and got up from her bed. She reached her hand out to grab Camila's and lifted her up. "Come on, I'm walking you home."

Dinah lived just two streets away from Camila, so they always went to eachotheres' houses. That's how they became friends; they would always have sleepovers and fun days together in their elementary school days.

"Alright, now get yo' ass in there and tell Lauren how you feel when you get home," Dinah said as she pointed towards Camila's large house. Camila nodded with a smile and walked into her house with her spare key. Before she shut the door, she could see Dinah slowly walking backwards while holding up the letters 'C' and 'L' with her fingers. Camila laughed as she shook her head and shut the door.

Since it was already night time, Camila had no intention of eating or doing anything really. Camila walked upstairs to her room and was surprised when she turned the light on.

She walked towards Jay's little home to see two new little creatures playing with him and a note next to the cage.

Hi Camz!

Well, as you can see, Jay has two new friends. You told me how you always get lonely, and I figured Jay might get lonely as well. The brown ones' names is Elle and the lighter brown creme one is named Cece. If you haven't taken the hint, Elle sounds like 'L' and Jay is obviously 'J'. Now Cece, on the other hand, sounds like 'CC'. Those are our initials, obviously. LJ and CC! So now, you have somewhat of a piece of me while I'm gone. I left these guys that same night you thought I left :)

PS: sorry about your window...

-Lauren <3

Camila looked up from the note to see her window with some broken screws lying around. But Camila didn't care. It was the simple things that Lauren did that made Camila fall for her.