Chapter 8

Zoey's pov
We were now just driving back into town "I still can't believe that ghosts are actually real" Trevor says "I personally always believed in them but never found the proof till now" I say which was ture. It was soon dark "does any of this bover you?" Trevor asked his sisters "what do you mean?" Phoebe asked him "dude your grandfather was a legend you can literally be anything you want like a influencer or a dj" podcast says. Trevor just rolled his eyes "guess it was just easier when we thought we went nuts" Phoenix says "he didn't go nuts" Phoebe says defensively "exactly so why did he leave mum & grandma ?" Trevor asked which was a good point and that's when a cop car appears behind us "oh no no we're screwed, we're so screwed" Trevor says pulling over.

This is not gonna be good "what do we do now?" I asked "I say we fight" podcast says and I flicked him in the head "what no just check the glove box" Phoenix says and apon opening the glove box all we really saw was a twinke. We unfortunately ended up in jail while we waited for our parents Trevor and Phoenix told us about what happened up on the mountain "we were on that big mountain and then I went to go hang out with this girl in this old rusty mining cage, all of a sudden it started shaking like an shaking like an earthquake Trevor says. Then Phoenix piped in "and there were lights and then we all looked down in this giant hole, inside of it like right in the middle of it was either a person or a reptile.......are you even paying attention?" She asked podcast. He was just looking around "yeah I'm just exited we're in jail" he says "we thought we heard something say gozer" Trevor says, why does that name sound familiar.

That when another voice speaks up "he speaks the truth" she says, guess that's the girl Trevor was with in the mining cage "hey hi how----? What brings you here?" He asked "he so likes her" I whispered to phoenix who nods in agreement and the girl messes with him. Poor Trevor I mean he seems to really like this girl but she was not interested and instead of saying that she messed with him and turns out her dad is the cop that arrested us. Phoebe got up and went over to the bars "hey don't we get a phone call?" She asked "sure you do, who you gonna call?" The cop asked and he takes Phoebe over to the Phoenix to make her call.

3rd person pov
"Make it quick" the cops says as he hands the girl the phone then walked away and quickly the girl takes a the paper from his pocket and dialed the number she had written down. After a few rings someone awnsers "rays occult and we're closed" he says just before he can hang up Phoebe speaks "wait! I only get one phone call, me and my friends are in prison" she says. The man speaks up "The slamer huh? I've been there myself, I'm not a lawyer but I'm listening" he says "are you Ray Stantz the ghostbuster?" Phoebe asked "and now I'm hanging up" Ray says "hang on please, I'm calling about Egon spengler" Phoebe says. There was a bit of a pause "Egon Spengler can rot in hell" Ray says and Phoebe felt he eyes tearing up a little "he died last week" she says "oh man, no kidding" Ray says sadly. Phoebe sighs "weren't you two friends?" She asked "that was a long time ago" Ray says in the phone "what happened to you guys?" Phoebe asked him as they kept talking. Ray rubbed his eyes "oh well look when we started busting ghosts was a gas, the economy was good, Reagan years, people believed in us then things got slow hauntings got thin, Venkman thought we did out job to well, we could barely keep up our mortgage some actor bought up most of tribeca and we lost the firehouse it's a Starbucks now" Ray says.

Phoebe couldn't believe what she was hearing "so then you all just walked away?" She says "Peter went back to academia he's at suny Cortland now he's a professor of emeritus he teaches advertising and promotion, Winston went into finance he worked hard coined a fortune, Tayln went back to work at columbia as a professor of psychology & I'm here" ray says. Phoebe kept listening "well what about Egon?" She asked "well he wasn't helping, we went from 10 calls a week to 1 if we were lucky then Egon started to tell people that their little ghost problems didn't matter because the world was coming to and end, he got spooky freaked me, one morning I go to work and ecto 1 are old catilac is gone, his neutrona thrower, collider pack, all the traps, 16 ounces of fuel isotop all gone, he cleaned us out, now we were the dead ones & he broke poor tayln's heart by leaving so suddenly" Ray says.

Phoebe sighs "don't you think he might of had a reason?" She asked "he phoned me about 10 years later from some small town in oklahoma, he kept rambling on about 'the rising storm' & 'the huge psychic tornado' that was gonna 'consume humanity in darkness forever' and kid I wanted to believe" he says. Phoebe intrupted him "you don't understand, there was this mountain and it had these ancient carvings" she says close to crying from desperation "kid there are a lot of mountains out there with ancient carvings, take a little advice, don't go chasing ghosts" ray says. The Phoebe says something that left him surprised and shocked "Egon Spengler was my grandfather & I know your granddaughter" before he could react the phoneline went dead.

Zoey's pov
Finally we were let out only to see Mrs Spengler and dad were there "sorry" Phoebe says quietly "what the hell were you thinking?!" Mrs Spengler says in anger "you know you kids could've really hurt yourselves, hey I'm Gary" dad says to Trevor & phoenix who gave him a what the hell look. Dad walked over to us "did you catch anything?" He asked and I nodded "it's inside the trap" Phoebe says "right now?" Dad asked "yes" phoenix says. Mrs Spengler turns to us "you were supposed to look after her this summer" she says "I was?" Dad says surprised "not you him and pheo dear I never would've thought you'd do something like this" Mrs Spengler says "this was her idea" Trevor says and Phoebe steps forward "but what about our stuff? The Ecto-1?" She asked. When the officer didn't give it up and called her grandfather crazy Phoebe almost shot him with the proton pack but her mom stops her and we all leave.