01

Chapter 1
Photograph : Cherries

Another client, another pile of papers.

    Papers piled up almost every corner of the office. The space of the office was still big enough for a buffalo to fit. The light that peaks through the slits of the leaf-like curtains launches at the table on the vacant space beside the lamp.

A hand moves scarcely and brief. Not allowing any time to waste, the free hand moves its way to the red strands of hair and pull it back in slight frustration.

     Cale Henituse, an adult that is on the verge of turning 30, one of the best photographers of Rowoon City, sighs exasperatedly as he checks through the papers. His pale elongated fingers skim throughout the layered index cards before halting at a particular one with a blue-coloured clip.

     He clicked his tongue as he looks at the client's face: thick, wavy, red rose hair, slightly tanned skin and perfectly portioned luscious lips. Cale knows all too well on who this was. It was the famous actress who won best actor award at the RAA's back when he was still new to the industry. Having graduated at 20, the woman basically forced him to have her as his first client. And then, boldly stating that, "If ever the the time you'll get recognised, it's because of me."

    As much as Cale wanted to retaliate, he couldn't as the possibility of it happening was seventy nearing eighty-five of percentage. Cale just let it be and smiled with unresponsive dull eyes.

    That was Rosalyn Brandt, a 30 year old woman who likes to take up his personal space and annoy him, for some reason. Oh- and she always drags him to parties and banquets, for absolute irritation.

    With heavy shoulders and tired eyes, Cale shakes his head and drew a circle on specific date. Later on that day, he spat out the unknowingly bitter coffee that one of his butler stealthily put on his coffee maker.

       The office door opens as the bell rings, signalling that someone was coming in. It had been a week and Cale had a bit of energy - a bit, for emphasis. Cale woke up to the sound of the neighbours arguing and then got lemonade as his coffee, he didn't even know how the hell coffee became that. After that, he was about to go to work when traffic happened, and now, here he is on his chair - not letting the frustration get to him as he can get irascible at times.

   "Cale!"

    The voice that was practically apart of his daily life barged into the room with wide arms, attempting to envelop him into a hug. However, Cale had other plans and stepped to the side, letting her fall to the conch with an 'oomf'. Cale stared at the woman with a blank face, he wondered how he attracted such a person with odd personalities.

   "You should avoid planting your face." Cale says with no interest of helping her get up, his face remained blank and collected, "and don't smear your lipstick on my couch, I don't have time to replace it with a new one."

      The red-headed actress pushed herself up from the comfortable couch, her side locks ruffled up in a frenzy state. She breathes in the air that came from the air conditioner, a dumb grin appears on her lips: "Oh, pardon my intrusion," Cale snorts, "However-! Did you get the email from my agency?"

      Cale nods curtly and walked towards his desk, "Yes, but that doesn't exactly explain why you came here with an appointment without an exact date when you have no photoshoots to do nor was I ever informed of one."

      Rosalyn stood up from the ground and nodded to concur the younger male's assertion, the messy locks and entangled knots in her hair easily loosened up as her throat made unexplainable noises but it was close to an excited rumbling of a cat.