13

Chapter 13
Photograph : Water Falls

       It's a thursday, today. And the assumed 'date' that Roksu asked him over text. Still! It's a bit embarrassing! Imagine how you would feel crushing (or, well, pining) on someone for so long you could end up dead alone—suddenly, and by all means— reaching out to you to take you an a date!? It could be a friendly date, sure, but that makes him a bit... dense, and he is not! He - despite not being able to keep his relationships straight - knows a few signs of that, you know?

   And so, here he is. Standing in front of a mirror like a little high school girl about to go on a first date, checking outfits for the tenth time of the hour with a best friend in tow.

    "Oh my fucking—" Rosalyn calms herself down, "Cale, shut up. You're hot as fuck, and I know for sure that Roksu would think the same!"

   "Even when I'm in ragged clothes...?" The poor boy pouted, looking down at his ridiculously plain clothes. Why did Rosalyn choose this look? He looks like he is going to sleep!

    "Even then." Rosalyn firmly pressed on with a sigh, albeit there's a weird determination in her eyes. It slightly creeps him out a bit.

     Cale frowned, twirling as he looked at the mirror. Although it does look quite plain, at least, it had colour coordination. "How are you even so sure that he'd like me like this?"

    Rosalyn smirks, "Because! That childhood friend of yours likes to laze around and sleep, and if he sees something comfortable, it is within no doubt that he'd set his eyes on that all the time and perhaps even get his hands on! I am quite confident based on my calculations!"

     With her words, the red-headed male furiously flushed: "H-hey, wait! What point are you exactly trying to make!?"

"Obviously trying to get both of you together, if not, laid." The older woman huffed, pointing with her finger. There's no telling if Cale might combust into a blood and flesh at this point with how reddish he began to be.

"HOW DID YOU EVEN PLAN THIS AHEAD? I'M NOT TRYING TO GET MY ASS WRECKED HERE!"

"Oh, so you are that type..."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT!?!?!???"

    "Oh, nothing..." Rosalyn mumbled out with kissy lips, as if she were in some comic. The older redhead looked towards the clock and clicked her tongue, "By the way, isn't ten your go-to?"

Oh no.

   Cale screeched as he moved to grab his keys and wallet, "Shit, I'm supposed to be picking him up from the studio!"

   Rosalyn raised a brow as she watched her forcedly adopt younger brother go out of the door. Doesn't Roksu have his own car? Why does he need Cale to... wait a minute, don't tell her that brat is taking advantage of not doing anything?

"...." Eh, not her problem anyways.

***

   "Oh, there he is..." Cale sighs, banging his head on the wheel before opening the door for the stoic-looking Roksu, who got in without much problem."

"Hello." Kim Roksu said, voice low and almost hushed.

     Cale refuses the urge to scream at Kim Roksu, stomping on that urge as hard as he could, and exhaled. Right. Calm down. Okay, he can do this. No more gay panicking for the seemingly nonchalant Kim Roksu.

Since everything that comes out of his mouth might be embarrassing, he just nods along before starting the engine. Cale glanced inside his peripheral at the dark-haired man who was unbothered and looking at the aux cord.

The redhead blinks, "Oh, you can play music—if you want to. Anything's fine."

"Um," Kim Roksu paused, staring at his phone before looking straight back at Cale, "—thanks."

Cale tried to smile, but it ended up being weird and just pushed the ends of his lips into a thin line. He might be looking like that bread with big eyes right now. Probably. The other gave a furrowed yet amused brow, a small huff of air that Cale delusionaly would like to think of as a laugh. There's music that flows through the air, smooth and a girl's voice.

You're telling me I'm silly. It's no fun in the old days
I'm such a romantic, I never remember how things really happen
I guess you're attractive or something

The redhead gripped on the wheel, face stricken with a colour blue. God, have mercy. There was no way out of this. Well, obviously, maybe it is a date? And besides, isn't the thing Roksu is playing named cheetos or something?

Cale swallowed that he might just be just as delusional as Rosalyn and swiftly put his attention on their destination, "Where do you prefer to hang out?"

Roksu let out a confused hum. He tilted his head, which was seen by Cale in the rearview.

"Oh," Roksu's voice sounded so soft and deep and rich and just blatantly sexy, it makes Cale feel like a total degenerate, "Have I not been straightforward that this is a date?"

Cale's heart skips a beat and smiles giddily in the inside. This. This is so cruel. Yet so beautifully— Cale cleared his throat, "Oh, you did... I just didn't want to take it wrong?"

    "You sound unsure," the younger man pouts, "It's fine if you don't want this to be a date?"

Oh, dragons. Not the bottom lip jutting out! His heart can't take it!

"NO, NO— I mean, of course not. I, I don't mind going on a date with you." Cale stuttered, taken aback with how all of this just seemed so out of place but oddly lined. He's not sure if he's even making sense right now. His brain is all too caught up in how Kim Roku seemed so satisfied with his words.

     "Keep your words, then," There's a shine in his eyes. "Let's go have ice cream? I feel like it's a great way to get to know each other." Kim Roksu paused, turning his head to look at him. "Is that cool?"

"I-it's more than cool! Everything with you is..." Cale muttered. The pink hue never leaves his cheeks. He should really stop talking now.

Kim Roksu chuckles, jubilant at his words, and patted his own arm for comfort and reassurance. Perhaps he had been too ahead? At least, it meant that Cale would like to get to know each other then.

Albeit, there's still that foreboding sense of something. As if he already knew him. Roksu can't pinpoint out why, but perhaps, he could be one of the people he knew back then when the car accident hadn't yet happened. He shouldn't be leaping in that direction.

   But Roksu likes attractive things, and he gets them as he wants. Including this man right beside him.