08

Chapter 08
Photograph : Sunlight and Bonfire

Life is indeed inconsistent. Cale had thought about it before in his early ages when he had entered college, well, in tenth year. The year where he is the most exhausted and deadly on the verge of causing repercussions all around the university like a maniac.

Okay--maybe not. It's probably just the spike of anxiety yet again crawling under his skin like a centipede ready to bite its damn claw-like pins of a teeth.

"You..."

It started off awkward as the photographer had expected. He felt like he was being eaten out alive from those eyes alone, he feels like his existence is getting judged. No, for real. In total honesty. He might get wiped out from this intensity.

"You said, you were going to Korea...this next two weeks?" Kim Rok Soo asked, subtly changing his expression to calmness rather than an intense glaring tiger. Cale can finally hear his anxious heart beat impassively.

"Ah, yes..." Cale nods to confirm the other's query, and swiftly walked his way to the opposite side of where Kim Rok Soo sits.

Ah, how lame!! I'm so lame! Cale cries out as he stiffly settled his hands on his crossed knees. It's so suffocating to be alone, conversing with your childhood crush. Isn't that so horrible? This dilemma should've been the least of his problems but no, it had to topple over everything. Damn this guy. Fuck being apart of his golden childhood, he's the hardest crisis Cale Henituse has ever come across.

However, within the process of their very, totally not awkward conversation, it was clear that they don't have the life to say shit or even start a small talk. You can clearly feel the tense silence that hung around.

"..."

Kim Rok Soo stares, unmoving and laid-back.

"..."

Cale stares back, apprehensive yet taking any outcomes that may come out, possible.

"..."

"..."

"....."

Cale Henituse blinks, then pursed his lips. Fuck. He lost. Coughing slightly, the photographer averted his eyes to the window before looking back; the other was still staring at him. Dammit. Why does he look so hot-?

Cale Henituse cries in his mind yet again, he has had enough of his strange and simping thoughts. With an attempt to dissipate the chilly atmosphere, he opens his mouth as he asks: "Wh-, why do you ask, if I may informally address?"

He could've missed Kim Rok Soo's amused eyes if it weren't for the fact that he tried to still his gaze ahead, but he knew be saw the same thing. That funny and knowing look, it made Cale shiver internally. Must be... it must be just some weird fantasy of mine- ueh... it's not so unnatural for me to dream about him--which I should stop doing or else my dignity truly has failed to serve me.

The silence continued to stretch on for a few seconds before the other replied.

"Nothing." The redhead looks at him, taken aback at such blunt comment. "-I was just quite curious on...you going."

Cale's blink intensifies. Eh? His confused mind echoes like that one scene from Finding N*mo. But seriously though, he was curious? About his social life? Oh my gosh. Unbelievable. Imagine hearing that type of bullshit out of your crushes mouth--okay, he should stop. It's definitely out of curiosity and not because he is actually interested.