0.1

(MY MOM AND DAD, also sorry to my shane lovers, but i did kinda make him an ass, but i still love jon bernthal.)

—a/n: rewritten some things on 1.26.24-1.29.24

wondering soul

I was young when the dead started to walk, I don't really remember life before then, so I was maybe about eight or so. During that time, I lived with my mom and dad up east in Virginia. Shortly beforehand, everyone parents were having financial problems.

Temporarily, my mom sent me to live with my aunt in Georgia just until things got better, but that didn't happen. About a month of staying with her, that's when the news of the dead coming back alive. The first reaction of most people, from what I've heard, was confusion or even laughter because they thought that the broadcast was hacked.

My aunt believed it was real, so we decided leave, trying to make it back to my parents up east. It would be a long trip, but I wanted to find them. However, that didn't last very long, my aunt ultimately got kidnapped and possibly killed, she was taken by a group of men, with the whole government gone, I can only imagine what her fate was. With her gone, I didn't really know where else to go, I wondered around the place, trying to find a group, but my attempts weren't the best...it was about a week after my aunt being taken, I was scratched by a geek. I didn't think much of it, little did I know, that was the start of my apocalyptic superpower.

~~

For eight year-old (Name), they've been wondering around rural Georgia for some time now. It's been a couple hours since their last meal, literally last, the scavenging of the food they did would only last for so long.

Hungry and alone, the child has been looking for a place to hunker down for the night, as well as something to eat. After walking for what it seems like hours, (Name) came across a farm, fenced of course. They had started to look around for an end for the white fence. At this point, they were exhausted and decided just climb the fence.

(Name), now on the other side of the fence, starts looking around. There were cars parked outside a farmhouse, as well as some tents in the yard. The place was occupied, a wave of fear comes to them. Suddenly, another pair of footsteps was coming towards (Name), turning around, they meet gazes with a tall man, he had curly brown hair with some gray, a beard with the same brown and gray colors, and a pair of blue eyes. He stopped at a distance, making sure (Name) didn't run away.

"Hello," He said in a gentle tone, "I just saw you wondering around here and I just got concerned."

(Name) kept their distance for a bit from the man, yet he slowly approached them.

"Are you by yourself?" The man asked as he walked towards (Name), who slowly backed away. "Hey, it's okay... I'm not going to hurt you, I promise."

(Name) hesitated before they made their way up to the man. The man felt better as they did so. As they did, the man noticed the child's wellbeing.

They looked exhausted from their journey. The clothes they were wearing had been worn out. He looked back at farm, wondering if there were any clothes for them to wear, he then looked back at them, (Name) had stopped a few inches away, looking up at him.

"Are you by yourself?" The man repeated. They nodded. "For how long?

(Name) unzipped a bag that the man hadn't seen before and brought out a notebook. The man looked at them with a curious expression.

A week, my aunt was looking after me, but she got taken by a group. I don't know what happened to her after that. I've just been wandering around, but I just don't know where I am.