chapter 12

3 weeks until Danny and Rafe have to leave. 

ELLIE SAMUELS POV:

Today betty has organised a little get together at the beach again, so like always I get back from work, change into my navy blue bikini 2 piece, then throw on a white see through dress. Packing a towel and a bottle of water I make my trek to the beach.

I see everyone in the distance and start speeding up my pace. I get closer and closer until I'm about 10 steps away from them, Betty squeals. Running up to me, hugging me tight, "you look hot!" she shouts, laughing in her arms i see Danny staring at me, I smirk at him, then look and see Rafe looking, "hey Rafe" I say and he stops staring, looking away. What?.

Danny pats his lap, I sit myself down and lean into his body. 

UB40 'tell me is it true' is playing on tape recorder from someone's car, loudly. I start moving to the beat subtly in dannys lap. 

Red announces he is going to start doing the barbecue. "right well then I'm going for a dip. Anyone joining?" I asks them, Danny obviously stands up, Betty joins, "Rafe?" I ask him and he shakes his head, no.

I pull my dress off over my head, revealing my blue bikini, Danny's eyes widen in hunger and need, I wink at him and run out into the waves. 

RAFE MCCAWLEY POV:

I saw Ellie getting closer and I don't know what happened but it was like I was seeing her in a new light. I watched as her hips swayed, saw her eyes widen when Betty ran to her and something about her just made me stare, like she was contagious, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Until she saw me staring. Then I immediately averted my gaze. I hope this is just me finding her hot, she is but nothing could ever happen she is my best friends lover. I'd be betraying him if I had feelings for her. Lust is different from love.

Seeing her pull that dress over head distracted me to a point where when she was running into the ocean all I could think about was how jealous I was of Danny, and wondering how he betrayed her, and wanted Evelyn even though he has Ellie.

ELLIE SAMUELS POV:

We are all floating in the ocean, relaxing when I think about Rafe, I feel bad. I need more time with him before he goes as well. 

I run out of the ocean toward Rafe and he looks at me shocked. "You okay?2 he asks, "no. You're coming in the ocean!" I tell him grabbing his hand and pulling him toward the water. He laughs and we get to the water line and he throws off his shirt revealing a tan defined chest. I will not look at him, I pull him into the ocean. We swim toward Danny. I put my head under and quietly swim near Danny, ready to scare him, and as I pop out I see Evelyn standing in front of him, they look like they're having an intimate moment...

Danny looks over, I quietly dunk my head again, trying not to be seen. I want to hear what they're talking about. When they start talking again I listen in.... holding my breath for as long as I need to.

"Danny, I know everything with Ellie is complicated but I need you to know that I really do love you and I will do anything to make you mine, even if it means stealing you off of Ellie." I sigh in sadness. "Evelyn, Ellie is my girlfriend, so I am doing everything i can for her, she is the love of my life", "but you want me", she said, and he took ages to reply, like he was fuckign thinking about it. "It doesn't matter if I want you. It doesn't matter if I love you. All that matters is Ellie", that sentence had me feeling angry and disbelief. Did he really fucking say that.

I swiftly swim further away from them, getting to the shore. I try to not cry but admittedly I am falling from cloud 9. A singular tear falls from my ducts and I swipe it away, before Red sees. I quickly dry myself off, I throw on my dress. "Everything ok sweetie?" Red stutters, I nod and walk away. He doesn't look convinced but I keep walking until they cant see me anymore.