chapter 14

ELLIE SAMUELS POV:

I was in the infirmary for one last check up and I'm all cleared. I sign myself out and walk through the airfield expecting to meet Danny, when I see a circle of people, coddling around someone. I run over and see Rafe cheering for... Danny. I run to the centre pushing a side many people. "Danny!" I shout, Rafe looks at me shocked and laughing. I run to Rafe, "what the fuck is going on!" I yell. I look at the men fighting, when Danny lands a hard punch in the opposing mans stomach, his hair falling over his eyes, his dog tag chain dangling out in front of him, he is so hot. "That's the man that hit you. Remember when you blacked out, yeah well that's him. apparently he and Evelyn were seeing each other when she was with me, Danny didn't take that too well", "always the hero".I mutter to him smiling.

As I look over at Danny again, I see someone walking toward him, 2 on 1 isn't fair, "Danny!" I shout, he turns around and gets hit in the face by the other guy. I run over, Rafe following suit. I pull danny away, looking at the cut now forming on his eye, "stupid, stupid man" I say to him. As Rafe is tackling the guy that hit Danny, I kick the other man in the stomach so hard he starts hacking. When sergeant walks over. "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE!" he yells. I startle. everyone halts, suddenly remembering where they are. Danny looks at me, lips parting, trying his hardest not to laugh. Rafe stands up, walks to sergeant. "See this man." Rafe points to the man that hit me. "This man hit a women, that women there to be specific, a nurse. Danny's girlfriend, so Danny and I thought it was only right we sort him out so he never hits another women", "I don't need a life story McCawley. Break this up otherwise you'll be in detention". everyone turns away and continues with their duty. Danny comes back over to me, with a big grin plastered on his face. "Glad someone finds this funny" I mutter, turning away from him. He grabs my hand and spins me around so I am facing him. As he does so I lose my breath, he is wearing his white shirt, his chain hanging around his neck, his hair scruffy and in his cargo pants. He pulls me closer into his arms, wrapping himself around me. "Thank you" I whisper and he places a soft and comforting kiss on my head, "you don't need to thank me baby".  

I pull away, looking up at him, in his dreamy eyes. "Kiss me" I tell him. He does, his head bending down to my height, the gentles caress of his lips meeting mine fills me with butterflies. His lush and seductive mouth moving with mine. "Ok guys that's enough" Rafe laughs. Danny opens his eyes, lips still on mine and smiles at me, slowly pulling away. 

"When are you guys back on?" I ask them, "not until 3 pm" Danny answers. I look to Rafe and smile. "I'm going to steal Danny for a couple hours, that's ok?" "YES" Danny almost shouts, Rafe laughs and rolls his eyes, "go have fun I guess". I pull Danny away with me. "Where are we going?" he wonders. I ignore his question and keep pulling him away. 

So in the last 2 weeks in found a place that I have been visiting everyday and no one seems to go there. It's a rooftop on an abandoned building. its stunning up there. 

We climb up multiple sets of stairs when we finally get to the door leading up to the rooftop. I push it open and Danny walks on behind me, his eyes widening. His arms wrap around my waist, his face nuzzling into my neck. "Its beautiful" he states. I smile to myself, feeling his lips touch my skin.

"I can't believe your leaving in 3 days" I tell him, my voice wobbling just thinking about the chances of seeing him again. "I'm leaving in 3 days and will be back in 3 months, waiting for you to welcome me home", he reminds me, kissing my cheek over and over again, "you have to, promise me, promise me you'll come back to me". "I promise sweet heart". His words of reassurance have me believing he is telling the truth.

He lays down and I climb on top of him, straddling his lap, kissing his lips. He flips us around, I'm under him, he pulls off my clothes and leaves me in my undergarments. He is completely naked, pulling my underwear off. He looks at me with heart eyes, completely smitten. 

Seeing Danny let his guard down is enough to make me love him more than I ever have. He places hazy and sensitive kisses all up my body. "I never loved her Ellie, you must believe me. You are the only women I have ever loved. Your the only one who could do this to me" he announced, blushing I pull his face to mine as I feel him slide into me, creating the perfect intimacy. The perfect collision of love, need and desperation. Our moans fill out the air, feeling his chain dangle and collide with my chest. He assured me Evelyn and him never did anything, just kissed and that when he saw her saying those awful things to me, his feelings for her were completely lost, he lost every ounce of respect he ever had for her. 

My hands find their way through his hair, he releases a groan, "I love you Ellie". He says as he moves. 

"I love you Danny, don't you ever forget it". I tell him. 

.................................

Over the next 2 days Rafe, Danny and I have all been hanging out with Betty, Red and the rest of the gang. Doing so meant I have only been able to think about how I wont see my Danny for 3 months. I won't see my bestfriends either. Betty and I have been moping around already so no idea what it will be like when they are actually gone. 

They're leaving today for their secret mission. Every night for the past 3 days Danny and I have spent together making sweet and sensual love. He knows that if he doesn't come back to me I will hunt him down, he reassures me he will but how can anyone know. 

He drives us to the take off spot, where they will be going god knows where. I stare at him the whole time feeling like the love of my life is being taken from me, his hand rests on my thigh the whole drive there, he occasionally looks at me.

We get out the car and see loads of other families with their pilots saying goodbye and it only makes me more emotional. Tears start streaming from my eyes, Rafe comes over and we all cuddle for a second. Then I pull away and poke them both in the chest. "If either of you done come back I will murder you. Ok". They laugh at me but they both know how very serious I am. "Look after eachother ok". They nod and I hug Rafe one last time until they depart. He walks away to give Danny and I some privacy. 

I look up at him, my eyes bloodshot, mascara running down my face, he kisses away the tears, holding me tightly in his arms. He begins to shake. "I'm going to miss you my beautiful baby" he says kissing me on the head. I jump up into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. We stay like that until we hear the speakers. "Please make your way to the planes". Danny puts me down hesitantly. "I love you" he says starting to turn away. "Wait Daniel" I say and pull his hand to mine, "I found this the day we went on our first day, I want you to have it". I put a coin in his hand. It isn't any normal coin, it's a spitfire coin, 1901. He looks at me and kisses it and my hand. "See you in three months" he tells me, giving me one big cuddle. Rafe runs over and hugs me quickly. "Promise me boys" I tell them. "We promise", they both say. I blow them both kisses, tears still falling from my eyes. Danny looks back one last time and smiles, with his teeth showing and his dimples clear as day. I smile back, and say I love you. He returns the gesture.

I see them get in the plane, Betty walking over to me, I wrap one arm around her shoulder, kissing the side of her head. "They'll be ok" I tell her. We stay there, watching the plane take off. Feeling our loved ones disappear from our grips. Feeling completely broken.

---------------------------------------

*HEY. I'M REALLY ENJOYING WRITING AT THE MOMENT, MAKE SURE TO VOTE SO I KNOW YOU ARE ENJOYING IT :)**