chapter 16

10 years later...

"George! Sophie! Daniel!" Ellie shouts to her 3 kids playing out in the yard. "Dinner", immediately there is a herd of footsteps running into the dining room, muddy shoes flying across the kitchen and the sound of a thousand hungry kids.

As I set them down on the tables and pass them their plates, my husband walks in, pulling off his boots, throwing his keys down on the counter. Everytime I see him my heart rate picks up in pace. "George! stop kicking your sister under the table", Danny complains. I smile at him, as his arms wrap tightly around me from behind pulling me into him, as I dish our food. I spin around in his arms, kissing his lips, wrapping my arms around his neck, going in for another kiss... "eww" Daniel screams, we look at him and start giggling to ourselves. Did I forget to mention they are at the stage where girls and boys are disgusting?

So bet that right. Danny and I are still together after a solid 9 years of marriage. Danny proposed to me a week after he returned, it was one of the most magical moments of my life, he took me to watch my favourite movie in theatre, then got down on one knee in front of everyone and asked me to make him the happiest man and marry him, and of course I said yes. Well I didn't say yes, I squealed and ran into his arms crying. 

Now we own our own ranch, have 3 beautiful and amazing children. And a best friend Rafe who lives next door to us that is also recently engaged to Martha, another nurse that worked alongside me. 

I still remember our wedding day like it was yesterday, I walked down the aisle, Red walking me down, Betty as my maid of honour, Rafe as Danny's best man. Danny follows me walking down toward him, tears brimming in his eyes, he looks at me as if I was his whole future. And I was, I am. 

Danny got to experience what having a good family felt like and I got to experience every one of his best moments. 

Soulmates is a funny thing. People say you know when you know, and I totally agree with them. That day when Danny introduced himself to me and I was giving him shots I knew that he was going to be my future. 

When you meet your person it will feel like your flying. It will feel like they are the only thing in your life that matters. They are the only thing keeping you afloat in his drowning cesspit. 

Even now. When I lay my eyes on my handsome husband I feel nothing but joy and pure happiness. He is the best father to our kids. Already at just 8 years old Daniel wants to be a pilot for the military, Sophie 6 wants to be a princess, and George. George 4 wants to be an astronaut. 

I couldn't be happier. 

**HEY. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS SHORT BUT FAST PACED BOOK. I HAVE REALLY ENJOYED WRITING THIS AND I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN READING ALONG ESPECIALLY 

MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES IF YOU'D LIKE**