Chapter 13: Rose's Soliloquy

For a woman who was never content to sit still, and was innately impatient – Rosalie now spent a lot of time just sitting in the painted oak rocker Emmett had built and carved when she was 4 months pregnant. His mind swept back to nearly two months ago. He had always been good with his hands, in bed and out, and had been a carpenter for his Saturday job as a teenager.

 He’d spent hours carefully sanding down an oak he had cut down in the forest that he and Rose had carved their initials into. He’d carved it into a traditional rocking chair and painted it a soft white, leaving the bark with their intials in it in the center of the backboard of the chair. And even though the baby wasn’t born yet, she spent a lot of time there.  “I thought I’d find you here”; Emmett returned from his mental reverie and scooped Rosalie up so that he was sitting down and she was in his lap. He smoothed his hands down her arms, a soft ivory path that led him to the hills of her breasts and the mountain of her abdomen and the crescent curve that dipped into a valley eclipsed by the mountain above.

“You’ll think it’s stupid – if it wasn’t me, I’d think it was stupid but…maybe that’s just because I was so bitter” she smiled wistfully.  “I’m so grateful for my baby, I’m having your baby, this is our baby Em and he’s growing inside me. I just sit here, and listen and see and feel him. I never thought I would have the chance to be a mother, and now I’m almost 6 months pregnant – with a healthy baby that’s made from both of our hearts and bodies. And I can’t wait to meet our son, but for now I just want to focus and enjoy being pregnant; so I sit here and I feel a life readying for birth and I feel another birth of life in my soul – something I wasn’t sure I had anymore until I found you and now I have everything I ever wanted in my mortal or immortal life.

But now all of that’s in danger” – her voice cracked as she turned into his shoulder. “They want to kill our baby Emmett, they want to hurt him”. Hot anger surged through his veins again at the reminder of the threat to his wife and unborn child. “We’re not going to let anything happen.  I will not let anything happen to you, or anyone hurt you – lay a single finger on you or our son.

They will have to rip every limb from my body, burn it to ashes and scatter them across the universe before the day that someone dares to harm you.

 And even then, I will find a way to come back to you and to protect you and send whoever dares to touch a hair on your head to the very depths of hell where they will beg to go because it will be preferable to what I will do to them”.  

“Oh Emmett”, his arms were the only place where she had ever truly felt safe, protected from the world and all its many hurts. The only time she felt truly indestructible in body and soul – and the only other place she wanted her baby to be.

Just a little something to tide you over until I finish the next part :) <3 REMEMBER: COMMENTS MAKE ME WRITE FASTER!! <3