*Chapter 6*

*Kate:

"Ummm excuse me, I have to go use the bathroom", said Josie as she got up from her table and ran off.

No I'm not stalking them, they are just talking very loud and sitting two tables away from me.

Not that they would ever notice or care about me.

But I really did still care for Josie, believe it or not.

I found myself staring at her very often in 1st period class, always arriving very early just so I could see her again, making sure she is alright and safe.

I really hate myself for not staying there with her in the bathroom when she had asked me to earlier in the week.

Now she met Jen and that Jerk Steven.

She just found out Seth was Stevens brother, why didn't I warn her about Steven too?!!

I quickly got up from my table, put my backpack over my right shoulder and ran after her.

When we were younger she would 99% go to the bathroom to do one thing:

Hide from her pain.

And cry in private.

She must really be upset with Jen that she hadn't told her earlier that Steven was Seth's brother, but how much did Jen know?!

As I ran out the cafeteria I almost went in the bathroom as I saw from the corner of my eye the person I was running after.

Josie.

She was running out the school.

She must really be frustrated if that's what she choose to do.

Without hesitation, I obviously also ran out the school.

Just then, thunder boomed and the skies got much darker then normal.

I was only wearing a skirt but luckily I always come prepared and took out the bright orange umbrella out my backpack and opened it.

It was a brand new umbrella, I brought it because it reminded me of Josie's eyes, a bright orange like brown color.

Just like the cute orange sweater she currently had on, matching very well with her beautiful eyes.

What the fuck am I saying?!

As I scanned the area, there I saw Josie, sitting at the edge of the pavement.

"Josie?", I said as I walked over to her.

A large puddle was forming around her feet as I walked closer to her, making her jump from surprise.

She must have been lost in her thoughts and had not listened to me.

"Josie are you okay?", I asked as she looked up, staring at me with her brown eyes.

I felt like I was drowning in them as she looked at me surprisingly, with such an intense force that I almost lost grip of my umbrella and dropped it on her.

"I- I'm okay I guess", Josie said as she rubbed her eyes.

I noticed that her eyes were kinda red which meant that she had been crying before I got here.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you before about Steven, I didn't think I would have to-", I said as Josie cut me and stood up, placing her pointer finger on my lips to silence me.

"No, you don't have to say sorry. I do- I should have listened to you when you warned me about Seth. I'm sorry-", Josie said.

"Do you forgive me?", she asked.

Of course I'm gonna forgive her, It's been crazy lonely not having a friend!

"Of course I forgive you Josie", I said.

"Do you think maybe we can..."

"Start over?", asked Josie.

"Yes", I said.

"Friends?", I asked.

"Friends", she agreed as we both hugged each other, not caring about the rain anymore as I dropped my umbrella to give her a proper hug.

I was so glad to see her smile again, more happy that she wanted to actually be my friend especially since I ran away from her in the bathroom earlier this week.

"How did you meet Jen?", I asked as she said, "How did you meet Steven?"

"I-", we both said.

"I'll start", I said.

"Me and Steven were dating before we met and he was cheating on me, I just couldn't take it anymore you know?", I told Josie.

"Are you serious? Steven seems like a nice guy! I don't think he would be the type to do that-", Josie said as I cut her.

"But he did. Worst of all, it was with a past best friend named Lucy", I added.

"Damnnn. I'm speechless", Josie said.

"How did you meet Jen?", I asked.

"After you left the bathroom earlier this week, Seth's cousin came in the bathroom which was really odd but Jen somehow never mentioned Seth before so I was really confused when Steven confessed to being his brother", Josie told me as I choked on my own spit.

"Steven is Jen's cousin?!!", I asked.

This is crazy!

"Yes, she is", Josie nodded at me.

"So is Seth since they are brothers", she added.

So that means Lucy was really trying to make me jealous.

She wanted me to believe that Steven was flirting with others when she knew that Jen was only Stevens cousin and nothing more.

This is fucked up.

Why would she want to steal Steven from me??!

Not that I care anymore. 

They both lied to me and all damage has been done.

Steven cheated on me multiple times with a girl and Lucy so I could care less about him now.

"So anyways Jen went into the bathroom and she seemed really nice, she was home schooled before coming here", Josie said.

"Cool", I added, not really interested anymore in Jen's history.

"Can you unblock my phone number now?", I asked Josie, grinning.

"Yes, of course!", Josie said as she took out her phone from her pocket.

Just then, her phone rang with a weirdly familiar sound.

The song "No Tears Left to Cry" was playing as her phone flashed as she had gotten a call from the person called, "New mom."

"Oh no! Should I answer?", Josie said as I shook my head no.

"You listen to Ariana Grande songs too?!", I asked her as she shook her head.

"Yes of course! Who doesn't!", Josie said, grinning.

Just then, she played the song called "Rain On Me" on her phone as it stopped raining and a rainbow filled the sky.

Odd.

We soon after started dancing and singing to the song.

We out here really vibin' now!

Who would have thought we would be singing and dancing together right now?

All I know is that I don't want to stop.