*Chapter 9*

*Josie:

Today is April 24th, a week after the day Kate had asked me to tell my parents about us.

It's now or never.

"Hi mom and dad!", I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hi Josie! How are you?", Alex said as he looked back down to read his newspaper.

"I- I'm good", I said as I walked over to the table to sit down.

I began to sweat and I'll admit, I'm very nervous about doing this.

"Mom. Dad. I'm- I'm bisexual and I'm dating Kate", I said as my dad spit out the coffee all over his newspaper that he was currently reading.

"What?! NO! Absolutely not happening! Not today!!", Alex said as he got up from his table and almost threw and smashed the coffee mug on the floor before Anna stopped him.

"Alex, please listen to her! She is your daughter, let her be happy", said Anna, trying to obviously calm my dad down.

"I- I'm sorry Josie. I guess I overreacted because well... I'm scared of losing you", Alex said as he looked at me with his sad brown eyes.

Is he serious?

"Dad! No one can replace you! You are my only dad since April 1st and nothing will change that!!!", I said as we hugged each other for a long time.

"Looks like you prefer hugging Alex how more than me", pouted Anna as I giggled.

"Of course not! Come here join us!", I said as we all hugged each other as a family.

For once it actually felt like it.

A family.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Thank you so much Josie and Kate for being able to come here!", said Jen as me and Kate entered her house.

"Your welcome Jen", I said.

As we sat down in her couch, Kate asked, "Did you tell your parents about-"

"Us?", I interrupted as she nodded.

"Yes of course! I promised I would, didn't I?", I asked.

"Yes you did", she smiled at me.

"Thanks", she said.

"Your welcome", I replied.

It was Jen's little sister birthday party.

Jen had invited me last week and I didn't want to disappoint her by not coming.

"Hi J-Josie", waved a little girl who I assume is the girl named Jade that Jen was talking about.

"Hello, Jade?", I asked as the girl nodded 

"How old are you turning?", I asked Jade.

She then started counting her fingers one by one until she reached the 6th one.

"Six", Jade said proudly.

"Here, a birthday gift for you!", I said as I handed Jade her birthday gift bag.

"Thank you", said Jade, smiling as she opened the bag.

Guess what I brought her???

Guess!

I brought her a new barbie doll!!

Well, I didn't...

My mom did.

It was a barbie doll Anna had in her closet, thinking that she was going to adopt a younger daughter but ended up with me instead.

Which might be a good thing.