•|Chapter One|•

White, blank walls. White floors. White furniture. White thoughts. White everything.

Nothing, Nothing, we think. Nothing, nothing.

Oh how emotionless everything seems. No, color. No heart. No way out, our mind interrupted. No way for us to experience what we read once upon a time. When Sir was healthy, we were given books. We read those books, books about dragons, Kings, and elves. Others about two people falling into romance.

We want that, our mind tells us. To be in love.

Sir burned those books once we asked for more. He never gave us more. Poor us, we think with pity.

All we have is our white walls that reverberate the sound of our voice, which was becoming hoarse from barely being used before. We try to sing as much as we can. But, our voice hurts.

We sing now. Songs of dragons and love. We spin around the small room with the broken stove, the small refrigerator, and the round, glass table where we eat. There was a sink too, also broken. We use the one in the room with the toilet.

We can't sing nor spin long. Our throat Burns and our vision becomes blurred. We stop completely.

Our stomach rumbles. Hungry.

We go to the fridge and open the door with more force than was necessary when we first used it.

The fridge was bare besides some cheese and a few hotdogs. I tear a piece off of the cheese and grab a full hotdog. I close the door. Almost out. We are going to starve.

"No we aren't," my hoarse voice cuts through the silence. "Sir is going to come soon and refill it, he always does." We take a bite of the hotdog followed quickly by the whole piece of cheese.

We sat down at the round table. The chair creaked as we put our weight down onto it.

We humm as we finish off the hotdog in two more bites. There is nothing else for us to eat for today. Still hungry.

Despite my resistance, we glance toward the window. The blackness was both uninviting and exciting to us. I start to cry as my stomach rumbles, asking for more.

I bury my head in my arms that lay, crossed on the table. "No more today," I tell myself. "We must save as much as possible. Who knows when Sir will come."

We jerk ourselves out of the hopeless black hole we were almost sucked into.

"Mustn't worry, mustn't fret," we whisper in a sing-song tone. We hop out of the chair and start to spin again. Mustn't worry, mustn't fret, we sing in our heads.

We only spin for a few seconds before we slow to a halt. We frown, hearing footsteps. Sir is here with food! See? I was right.

We leap off toward the metal door that we couldn't open, but sir had no problem with.

Rattling from the other side of the door indicated that it would open any second. With a slam the door opened. Sir stood with his colored clothes. My eyes widen in fascination.

He was holding a brown paper bag. A cigarette hung from his tight lips. "You gonna' move outta the way or shall I let you starve?"

We shake our head and back away from his path. We watch him head to the room with the stove and follow close behind.

"Sir?"

"Yes?" He responded.

I mess with the strings of the single hoodie I had. "Thank you."

He grunted as he placed the bag down on the table. He began to take the items out and sort them. "This is to be refrigerated, shelved, I'll actually keep this..."