Chapter Seven

The lonely rooms of our world is lonely no more. Our friends have joined us. Our friends do not speak. Our friends listen. Our friends are shadows, but not. They are real. They are our friends.

Frodo, our newest friend was with us today. We tell him everything in our mind. We don't hear the rattling of the door. We don't hear Sir step behind us.

We eventually feel his eyes burning into the back of our head.

We turn and face him, he scowls.

"Who the hell are you talking to?" He asks, grabbing our shirt by the collar.

"Are you going looney on me?"

We stay silent.

He lets us go.

"Anyway... I have a new friend-" Sir hesitated, "-he is in medical school, he wants to be a psychologist."

We listen to him cautiously.

"Well, not exactly a psychologist, but I gave him permission to study you."

He's going to cut us open with a knife and take out our heart, we think.

"I don't know about that..." I mumble.

Sir did not seem to hear us. "You seem to forget that you don't have a day in this, or anything for the matter."

Our liver will be next, followed by our intestines...

"Shhhh..." I cover my ears and shake my head.

Sir misunderstands. He slaps us. We reel back from the force and cup our cheek.

Then our lungs... Then our kidneys...

I fall to the ground and black out.

We awake on the ground, our back it sore. Sir isn't here. We stand and return to our conversation with Frodo. We tell him about what Sir said.

"He'll take out your brain too, and prod it with his fingers," our friend adds.

We can't let this happen...

"I can't let this happen," I state.

I am surrounded by silence. I feel so lonely, so hopeless. I curl up on the ground and cry, tears streaming down my cheeks dripping onto the floor.

I hug my knees to my chest and begin to rock back and forth. My sobs growing louder.

Suddenly I stop crying and move to the window. Blackness, like always.

I place my palm on the glass before curling my fingers into a fist. I punch the window softly once. A low sound rang out.

Frodo returns, frantic.

We close our eyes.

-

Here is half of a new chapter. It has been a while and I sincerely apologize. I've been having a rough time, but I plan to get back onto schedule.

Have a good day/night everyone.