FAQs & Recap: What Happened In Book 2

Here to refresh your memory cuz I know it's been a while. I'll be reminding you of the characters as well as briefly summing up book 2, Code: RIOT. If you want book 1, Code: RED's recap, head to the first part in book 2, Code: RIOT, titled "FAQs & Recap: What Happened In Book 1"

Characters:

Min Hanseol: aka Seol, the female lead who's a tad bit stupid but it keeps the plot going
Taehyung: Code: RED dog hybrid, emo boi, conflicted af
Seokjin: wolf hybrid, a piece of shit who started the riot, also taehyungs childhood friend
Min Yoongi: Seol's brother, a badass, my husband
Park Jimin: Seol's neighbour and friend, Jungkook's guardian
Jungkook💀: Code: GREEN rabbit hybrid
Kim Namjoon: Founder & CEO of the Hybrids Rights Corporation
Sarang: Code: GREEN cat hybrid, Namjoon's girlfriend
Jung Hoseok: Seokjin's accomplice, former receptionist at the Code: RED Shelter where he helped with the break out

Ch1-Ch7 Recap

Seokjin announces the riot in which hybrids plan to destroy the oppressive system they've been under for years. Predictably, Taehyung was in on it since the beginning and he tells Hanseol that he and Seokjin have a list of humans they won't hurt ONLY IF these humans agree to help them with the riot, these humans include Seol, Yoongi, Namjoon and others. Seol refuses, Namjoon refuses, while Yoongi agrees under the condition that Seokjin keeps his family safe. Armed with stolen weapons, the hybrids from the Code:RED Shelter, lead by Seokjin, attack and take over a prison where they kill the guards and police, and the prisoners who refused to help them while those who agreed to help were put in electric collars. Seokjin takes Hanseol to the prison which is now under his control and locks her up in a cell to "ensure her safety" but we all know he capping cuz he puts her in an electric collar.

Ch8-Ch15

Seokjin and his army of hybrids head to the experimental lab where he grew up, they kill the medical staff, burn their bodies, and take the experimented-on hybrids to the prison as shelter. Seol attempts to escape but Seokjin electrifies her ass. Then we get flashbacks of Seokjin's past where he was experimented on frequently in the lab, and allowed to see his mother once a week for an hour. She dies when he's 13, he escapes the lab, and on the streets meets Taehyung, who was kicked out by his caregiver's kids at the age of 10. Seokjin joins an underground hybrid fight club to make a living for the both of them. Back to the present, the government sends police to the prison, they shoot at each other, Yoongi gets shot but Taehyung saves him and takes him to a hospital, so Yoongi trusts him and lets him know where Seol is, especially cuz Taehyung is now questioning Seokjin's methods in trying to gain their freedom, and is unnerved by the fact that Seokjin doesn't seem to trust him anymore.

Ch16-Ch25

Taehyung goes and saves Seol's ass, but she's skeptical about trusting him until Yoongi lets her know they both worked together to get her out of there. The government sets concentration camps where they plan to eradicate the hybrids and shit goes down, police go knocking on people's houses and dragging registered hybrids to the camps. They kill Jungkook for resisting, and take Sarang. Jimin is depressed af, and he and Seol go to one of the many protests outside the camps. There she meets Hoseok, who lets her know he was Seokjin's friend and helped the hybrids escape the Code: RED Shelter, then he tells her his sob story in which he's an orphan raised by his asshole uncle who had a "hybrid farm" where he bred hybrids and sold them and killed those incapable of breeding/weak/ugly so Hoseok helped the hybrids escape and escaped with them. Seokjin meets Taehyung and tells him he doesn't regret shit, but he didn't expect it to play out this way and he doesn't know what he wants anymore, then he says to the government that he'll stop the riot, turn himself in and give them back the prisoners if they promise to stop the concentration camps, set the hybrids free and remove the stupid Code classification laws.

FAQ:

Q: Is this the last book?

A: Yes! Finally hehe

Q: Will there be fluff in this book?

A: As much fluff as I can write

Q: Is Jungkook really dead?

A: I know it sucks, but yes, he's really dead, and no i won't bring him back to life. You might think his death was useless, but it's not, I promise. You'll get it when you read.

Q: Will this have a happy ending?

A:

.

And that's all! Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

Happy reading!