Tired Tickle Monster

(Soooo, the part Teecklo wanted to get done ended up being longer than expected, and it somewhat drained Teecklo creatively. BUT Teecklo didn't want to leave this part with nothing, so here is a shorter story (hopefully))

Teecklo was laid in bed. Tired. But for some odd reason he just couldn't go to back sleep, which somewhat annoyed him. He'd done his nightly routine perfectly! He'd put on his favourite pajamas, he'd drank a glass of warm Wabawuf milk, tucked himself into bed with his favourite snuggly toy, and finally put on his favourite music box to wait for it to lull him to sleep. It had worked, just like every night, but this night he had woken up at about midnight. He had been laying for an eternity to go back to sleep. Looking at the clock, it was about 2am.

"Mmmraagh! Screw this!" He yelled in frustration, like an over-tired  baby dinosaur, "Teecklo will just do something else!"

But... what exactly? There wasn't much Teecklo could do at this hour, afterall Elliot would have been asleep by now. Ontop of that, so would have his inanimate friends, not even Blanket would be awake at this hour. Teecklo grumbled as he put on a pair of slippers as he tiptoed around his treehouse, looking for something to do. He yawned while he did so, but he didn't care anymore.

Although nothing his house offered particularly attracted Teecklo's attention. The books on his shelves he had read a million times (or more accurately, looked at the pictures a million times) nothing on his TV really interested him (All the channels with the cartoons would be off by now) and other activities he liked to do would be too loud anyway. Teecklo sighed, what he really wanted to do was hang out with someone, but he didn't know any other tickle monsters in Gargaloa, as strange as that may sound. There were cities, villages, and even quaint countrysides, but Teecklo chose to live alone in who knows where. Why? Well, Teecklo always felt so anxious around other tickle monsters, like he was inadequate, or inferior, or atleast thats what he thought they'd see him as. So, Teecklo preferred to live with his object friends, and hangout with his human! But a part of him couldn't help but long for another monster friend, a monster to understand him, a monster who would see the best in him, or not all the things he thought he was.

Teecklo sighed, as he shook his head, trying not to think of those thoughts again, sometimes being like your human had downsides. "Maybe Teecklo just needs a little fresh air.." he said, as he walked over to his front door, and opened it, letting the chilling breeze of dusk wrap around him. He stared wistfully in the distance for a moment, then he tiptoed down the stairs leading to the pink, now indigo, grass beneath. The wooden stairs creaked as he stepped onto each one, as the cold air had fully consumed him. He shivered to the chill, maybe he should have brought a coat. 'Too late now' he thought, as he finally touched ground to the fine, feathery, field.

He easily waded through the grass, as the tickly feeling it gave never phased him anymore. Eventually he had made it to the coast that his bedroom window always overlooked. The glittery look to it glistened in the moonlight, as Teecklo laid down on the coarse material. It wasn't comfy physically, but mentally it was. The waves crashing and receding, the night sky looking down on him, the darkness that shroud him, it was eerily pleasant, as Teecklo daydreamed away.

Unbeknownst to him, there were soft footsteps coming his way, lightly crunching on the glittery sand. Teecklo wouldn't notice until he would hear a feminine voice call, "Hellooo?" and the caller's face would be looming above him. Startled, Teecklo stood up, looking up at the surprisingly tall figure. "There you are!" The new monster commented, "Thought I lost you in Lala land." She chuckled. Teecklo only blinked, he only asked.