Minccino Mishaps

((This is Teecklo's first story regarding any sort of canon. Teecklo has a couple of tickle stories under the pokemon canon that Teecklo would like to share, but for now we'll go for this specific plotline first! Tell Teecklo how well he does!))

It had been approximately 6 months since Elliot had found himself to be the current champion of Galar. He still couldn't believe it personally. To think he had a single, silly, little Sobble, and now he had quite the formidable team. Inteleon, the intelligent chameleon who could take down foes in a single snipe shot. Vikavolt, the thunderous bug that was feared by water, psychic, and flying pokemon alike. Salazzle, the poisonous lizard who's venom could burn through even the tankiest of steel types. Gallade, the nimble fighting type that traded its special path for a physical one. Runearigus, the haunted rune that is yet to be deciphered to this day. And last, but not least, the cuddly yet protective Goodra, the slimey dragon blessed when it was once a simple slug. These 6 were Elliot finest pokemon, and the ones he respected and loved the most. The 6 that were carefully chosen along the way and have stuck by his side every since, through thick and thin.

Traversing the routes for new pokemon to catch and update his pokedex, he found himself in route 4, on the careful look out for Eevee in particular. During his watches though, a Wooloo was tumbling straight towards him! The only reason Elliot didn't face a tackle from it, was because it had happened to him once before.

"Woah! Watch out there Wooloo!" Elliot said as he side stepped out of the way. The Wooloo merely bounced off the stone wall behind him, giving him a regular old, "Meeh!" as if it was perfectly fine. A hearty laugh chimed as Milo, the grass stadium leader, approached the new champion and Wooloo, "Once they tackle ya the first time, you never forget!"

Elliot chuckled, "Seems so."

"Whatcha up to, Champ? What brung you back over to Route 4?"

"Oh, just filling the pokedex, I need to catch a few Eevee for the eeveelution dexes. After that though, I'll be going over to Route 5 to catch a Spritzee and a Minccino!" Elliot saw Miles' eyes widen at the mention of Minccino, confusing him. Miles seemed to catch that as he replied, "Oh, sorry! It's just that Minccino are very smart things, much smarter than we give them credit for, they're quite the mischief makers."

"So what? Aren't they like level 20 or so? My Gallade is four times more leveled than them, and has the type advantage. I'll be fine!"

Milo shrugs, "Well, if you're so confident, then I expect you won't need to hear me ramble to ya! Just be careful, okay?"

"Careful is my middle name!"

Both boys chuckle as Milo herds the Wooloo over to his stadium, leaving Elliot to himself. What could be so bad about a few little Minccino? They're just little rodents! Hell, they were one of Unova's earliest pokemon to find, what could go wrong?

After catching a few Eevee and putting them in the PC, Elliot decided to trek onward to Route 5 after healing at the pokemon centre. Naturally, it wasn't long until he found a patch of tall grass to find a Minccino in. Before he stepped one foot into the grass though, his Rotom phone buzzed in his pocket. Checking it, he saw his friend Hop had texted him.

Hop: Hey Elliot! Leon wanted to know if you'd be up for another casual battle sometime soon. Nothing competitive, but I do know who I'll be cheering for!

Elliot rolled his eyes sarcastically, as he typed his reply:

Elliot: Sure! Should be over in about 5 minutes. :p