chapter 10: I'm sorry

*y/n's pov*

Everything has been extremely overwhelming. I feel betrayed. I really thought that I could trust him. I've been drowning myself with memories of Javon and I. I know that there will be a point that I will have to talk to him but that won't be soon. 

I had not woken up that long ago and was sitting in my comfortable bed, starring at the wall, until I got a snap from Jayla.

COOKIE 🍪❤️

-can I come over? 

                              ofc- 

-ok I'll be there in a  a few mins xx 

                              I'll leave the front door open for you xx- 

I went downstairs and left the door open so that Jayla could let herself in. I went back upstairs, to my room, and decided to get changed. I put on some comfy track pants and a hoodie. I sat in my bed scrolling through instagram as I waited for Jayla to arrive. 

Around 5 mins later, I heard the front door close and then someone walk upstairs. I heard the footsteps come closer to my room and then a knock on my door. "Yeah come in," I answered to the knock. My bedroom door opened and then closed, I had my head planted in my phone, scrolling through instagram. "Hi Cookie," I greeted. 

"It's not Cookie," the boy said. I looked up from my phone with a confused face to see Javon standing in my room. He looked upset. I looked back down at my phone so that I could refrain from eye contact. "Where's Jayla?" I asked in a stern tone. "She's not coming. It's just me," he replied. "What do you want?" "I need to talk to you ma." I looked up from my phone and gave javon a side eye before looking back at my phone. He came over and sat the the very end of my bed, getting ready to talk. "I'm really sorry ma but you gotta let me explain," he expressed. I just ignored what he said and kept looking at my phone. "Just let me explain," he repeated. "I'm not stopping you," I said, blankly. 

"Jayla and Jaden showed me the video and I know how upset you must be, but its honestly not how it looks. I promise that I didn't cheat on you," he explained. 

I looked up from my phone, giving him a blank look, and placed my phone next to me so that I could properly listen to what he had to say which was most likely bull shit but I wanted to hear what he had to say. I have to admit that just seeing him made me feel better but I know it shouldn't make me feel like that. I should be angry. 

He continued with his explanation, "Emily is a horrible person and all she wanted to do was ruin our relationship and you know thats all she's wanted to do since we met." 

I softy nodded my head in agreement to what he had just said. He was right, all she ever wanted to do was get in between my relationship with Javon. She had an obsession with him. But that doesn't make it ok for him to make out with her. 

"We were at a party and I was just sitting down talking to some friends when she came up to me and started making out with me. When I found out someone had my phone and was filming us, we promised to never show the video to anyone. I never liked her or dated her I promise and-," he spoke. 

"Do you think because you didn't like her then thats makes it ok?" I asked, upset but sternly. 

"I'm not finished. That video is from before I knew you y/n. I didn't even know who you were let alone was dating you. I understand how upset you must have been because if it were me, I would've been upset too, but I promise that I'd never cheat on you with anyone because I love you ma." 

I sat there with a slight smile on my face but I tried to hide it. I couldn't tell if he was lying or not. Yes, I guess you can't really see his face in the video so it's hard to tell when it was but why would I only hear about this now.