Green and Blue

Things started getting a little weird at home.

My mom was talking to me about marriage and kids and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Oh sweety. It's gonna be amazing. Your dress and your shoes!"

"Mom! I don't want to talk about it. I still got a long way to go."

I sat eating supper at the table with my parents. I was under a bit of pressure with trying to be the perfect daughter. I cried myself to sleep thinking that they were going to leave me and chuck me out.

"I know you and Ryan are still in the beginning stages, but his mom and I see how you are together..."

"Then you really are blind." I muttered.

"What was that?" My mother said.

"It's just you're making plans when you don't even know what I want."

"Hailey. Why are you fighting your feelings for him? I was nervous too about my first serious relationship with your father. You'll get used to the idea."

My jaw clenched. "It's not that. Why do you want me to be with someone now already? I'm only twenty years old. I have to study and work. I have my whole life to settle down. "

"I'm not forcing you, love. I just want you to think about your future in that sense. Ryan's a lovely guy..."

My body burned with anger.

"Why are you so caught up on Ryan? You just want me to be with him cause you're besties with his mom! You can be friends with her and not involve me. I would appreciate it if you accepted that Ryan and I are just friends and we are never ever going to be together!"

"Hailey Ann Gorden! Don't shout at your mother! She just wants what's best for you." My dad scolded,

"You too? Daddy you don't understand. I don't want her to choose someone for me. I don't want to be with Ryan. I know what I want..." I stood up, tears flowing out of my eyes. I walked away and shouted. "I'm in love with someone else!"

I slammed the door of my room and wiped the tears from my eyes. I took out my phone and scrolled through the pictures of Leah and I. There was one where we were pulling faces. I laughed a bit. I missed her so much. I wish she was here.

"I really really really really really really like you. And I want you. Do you want me? Do you want me too?" My phone sang.

I checked the caller ID.

Leah (Bea)

"Babe?" I answered.

"I'm at the airport. You can come and fetch me now!!!" She screamed in my ear.

I didn't hestitate to leave. I threw on a jacket, tied my hair in a messy bun and took my car keys. I was stopped by my dad.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Leah." I said simply and left.

Excitement pooled in my stomach. I couldn't wait! I was going to hold her in my arms again. My green eyes were going to meet her blue ones.

Finally my love came back.