Take me to church

I didn't know what to say.

No one spoke for serval minutes. The look on my mom's face was like watching a scary movie, it killed me. My dad was unnaturally pale and Leah's parents seemed to be angry.

"Are you going to tell us or not?" Leah's mom's voice was stern.

Leah and I looked at each other in fear.

"I...We..." I stuttered.

"It's my fault." Leah said. "I wanted to try something with her. I saw this movie and I wanted to know what it would be like."

"And you just went a-a-along with it?" My mom's eyes were expanded in disbelief.

"Yes." I whispered.

I had to go along with it. I knew it would turn ugly if we said we are dating. I so much wanted to tell them the truth. I longed to be free to be myself, but that was not going to happen now that I saw their reactions.

"How long has this been going on for? I left you two alone so many times. It makes me wonder what you did." Leah's dad folded his arms and raised his brow. "It's unacceptable. In my house!"

"It wasn't like that! I swear!" Leah explained. "We just..."

"Unacceptable in your house? It's unacceptable period Mr. Summers. I...I can't believe my daughter would be involved with such demonic activities. It's disgusting! I'm very dissapointed in you  Hailey!" My dad shouted.

"Allowing yourself to be influenced by such a promiscuous  homosexual girl!" Replied my mom in a grimace.

"I wasn't influenced! I wanted to do it." I defended.

I shouldn't have said that.

"Promiscuous? My daughter? Your girl is just to blame. Both of them should be punished. Take them to church to confess their sins." Leah's mom said.

"The Lord isn't gonna help 'em now." commented Leah's dad. 

"What's so wrong about it? Is it wrong to be with someone of the same sex? It's love. I love her!" Leah's face was drowning in tears. I rubbed her back in soothing circles.

"You don't know anything about love..." Her mom began.

"Because we're too young? Well let me tell you something. When is the correct age to say that you know what love is? Someone can be seventy and not yet experienced love. There isn't a right age to feel it, it just happens. It just is. If you love someone you fight for them. And I definitely love Leah. I don't care what anyone says." I said.