Chapter 2: Emery's Pov

"KAI!!!" i flung myself into his arms wrapping my legs around his waist as tears pooled in my eyes. god i had missed him so much.

Strong arms wrapped themselves around me as his warm breath made contact with my neck. I heard sniffling and looked up to see his bloodshot eyes staring back at me. "I missed you so fucking much Em" he whispered.

I buried my face in the crook of his neck again feeling the memories flood back like a wave. Tears were streaming down my face now and my voice was a blubbering mess.

"Don't cry Em, i'm here now" the rough pads of his thumbs brushed away my tears and he slowly lowered me to the ground.

Suddenly rage replaced my relief as i shoved him away from me. "i haven't seen or heard from you since we were 12!! Not a single call or message for years!! For all i knew you were dead!"

Regret flashed across his face as he pulled me towards him embracing me in his arms. "I'm so sorry Em. nothing i can say or do will take back what i did, but know that i love you so much and am so happy to see you now." he whispered, "i won't leave you again."

After a few minutes we slowly released each other as students stared at us with curiosity. Kai glared at them and they dispersed, heading to their first classes.

Kai returned his gaze to mine, "What are you doing in Silverwood Em?" i explained that we moved because dad got a new job here and they decided to put me in public school. The first bell rang through the halls and we headed to English since we both had Mr.Beker.

We burst through the door as 20 pairs of eyes shot to us awkwardly standing in the doorway. Mr.Beker cleared his throat gaining their attention again and Kai and i made our way to an empty bench in the back of the class. Slumping in our seats we watched the minutes tick by until the bell rang again signalling class was over.

Right as we walked out of class a boy came out of nowhere and tackled Kai. I jumped back in fright, eyes wide with concern and confusion. I looked around the hall and then back down at the 2 boys now laughing.

"get your fat ass off me before i suffocate" Kai gasped out. Laughing the other boy stood up and looked straight at me.

He had sandy blond hair much lighter than Kai's scruffy brown. His gray ish eyes looked me up and down before a smirk made its way onto his face.

"Kai why have i never been introduced to this lovely thing?" his eyes Widened when he noticed Kai's angry ones.

"First of all asshole she's not a thing, secondly she's off limits." Kai spat. "Woah sorry man, didn't know she was yours" he said with his hands up.

Anger flooded my chest like a tidal wave "Actually i'm not off limits. Kai lost the right to be protective over me when he moved away." my angry eyes glaring at Kai.

His eyes softened and he sighed "Matthao meet Emery, Em meet my best friend Mattheo." I turned to Mattheo smiling "Nice to meet you." a grin took over his face "likewise"

Second block passed by in a blur and before i knew it the lunch bell rang. My phone buzzed with a text from Kai.

Kai: hey Em, Mattheo and i have something to handle at lunch but i'll see u in fourth block.
Em: ok see u later

I made my way to the cafeteria searching for an empty table since i didn't know anyone besides Kai and Mattheo.

I spotted one in the back and headed towards it. Sitting down, i pulled out my lunch and right before i took a bite, the prettiest girl i've ever seen sat across from me.

Her piercing blue eyes shone with mischief making my cheeks begin to heat. I looked down at my food to hide the blush taking over my face. I looked up through my eyelashes seeing her eyes twinkle with curiosity as she leaned back in her seat.

"What's your name lovely?" my cheeks flushed even more if possible. "Emery" i managed to stutter out. She smiled to herself and held her hand across the table.

"I'm Harlow. I haven't seen you before, are you new?" My heartbeat slowed down and i smiled shyly. "I just moved here from GreenRock." my voice came out soft. She hummed in understanding while shaking my hand. I waited for her to tell me where she was from and we continued to talk about our growing up.

I found out she's lived in SilverWood her whole life and has a younger brother who drives her mad. She also lives a block away from me and knows where my house is.

Suddenly she reached across the table and snatched a fry off my plate, grinning as she popped it into her mouth.

"Well Emery, since i don't seem to hate you like i do everyone else at this stupid school we should hang out sometime." i grinned and nodded. With that she stood up, her black hair falling down her back and left the cafeteria.

A few minutes later the bell rung telling everyone to head to their third block. I packed up my lunch, throwing my bag over my shoulder in the process and headed to my next class.

Authors Note: Hopefully this chapter was better lmao. I don't really know where this story is gonna go but i plan to keep updating regularly. Anyways thanks for reading, i'll see you next chapter!! Love y'all
- K
Word Count: 966