Chapter 4: Emery's POV

Heat rushes to my stomach and pools in my core as his rough hands trail up the sides of my body. Goosebumps erupt across my skin as his breath fans my throat. Pressing his lips to my skin, i let out a soft moan. Soft kisses make their way up the column of my neck and his lips graze mine in a featherlight touch. His fingers thread through my hair, roughly pulling my head back to meet his piercing green eyes

*beep beep beep*

My eyes fly open and my face heats from the dream that just plagued my mind. Looking at my alarm i see that it's 6:45 AM.

"Fuck my life" i mumble as i bury my face into my pillow. As soon as my eyes close those piercing green orbs flash across my mind. "guess sleeping for a few more minutes isn't an option"

i groan as i throw my legs over the side of the bed, wiping my tired eyes in the process. Groaning i stand up, unhappy to be leaving the warmth of my bed. My feet pad across the bedroom floor as i make my way to the bathroom, switching on the light.

Still feeling worked up over the dream i decide a cold shower is the best choice. As soon as i step under the freezing water i completely regret my decision.

Turning the heat completely on and cold practically off, i let the hot water scorch my skin. Sighing, i wash my hair and body before stepping out of the tub.

• • •

I rush down the stairs, swinging my bag over my shoulder as soon as i hear a honk outside. Kissing both my parents on the cheek, i head towards the door

"say hi to Kai for us!!" my mom calls after me.

" i tell Kai you said hi, i love you both and i'll see you after school. Bye"

i rush out the door and towards the car, sliding into the passenger seat. "where's Mattheo?"

"Well good morning to you to Em! I'm hurt you are more excited to see him than me"

"oh shut up Kai, i hate you" i say shoving him away

"you know you love me" he winks and then steps on the gas sending us on our way.

"no but seriously, is Mattheo meeting us at school?" i ask now slightly worried

"he's out of town right now dealing with an emergency but should be back on friday" Kai reassured me, though it didn't stop panic from forming in my chest. What could be so serious he had to miss 3 days of school in another town?

Kai pulled into the parking lot a few minutes later and we headed towards the school.

"EMERY!!!"

both of our eyes search for the owner of the voice and mine land on Harlow, her hands cupped around her mouth like a megaphone.

"HARLOW!!!"

i run towards her and throw my arms around her neck bringing her close to me. Taken by surprise she stumbles back, but then wraps her arms around my body. Before i can pull back, Kai Bear hugs the two of us picking us up off the ground. I shriek and flail my legs around with no success of escaping.

"Kai you big idiot this is not a family hug" Harlow screeches forcing Kai to cover his ears and drop us roughly.

"Are you guys friends or something?" i ask curiously. Kai slightly reddens and Harlow bursts into laughter.

"We dated for a while until i realized men aren't for me" Harlow got out between giggles.

i clutched my stomach as laughter racked my body. "Let me get this straight...you had to date Kai to realize you're into girls??" i managed to say between laughter

Harlow and i were practically on the ground at this point while Kai was standing embarrassed above us.

"at least you wanted to date me to begin with" Kai grumbled. Harlow patted him on the shoulder "whatever you want to believe" she said smirking

• • •

First and second block passed by quickly and i spent my lunchtime in the library, catching up on homework. Before i knew it the bell rang for third block.

I gathered my stuff and slowly made my way to Biology. Taking a deep breath, i mentally prepared myself to face mystery man. Pulling on my big girl pants, i walked through the doorway. My eyes instantly flew to his seat finding it empty.

An odd feeling brewed in my stomach...was it disappointment? Relief? who knows? Sitting down in my chair i watched as the minutes ticked by.

5....10....15...20 mins  and he still hasn't shown? Maybe he's sick? or maybe he transferred out of the class because he hates me too much. Biting my lip deep in thought, I didn't even notice someone sit down beside me

"You're Emery right?"

my head snapped to the side expecting to see mystery man, but instead a different boy was sitting there smiling.

"um yeah, you are?"

"Theo" he says as his smile grows larger

His hair was lighter than Kai's and fell over his eyes causing him to push it back often. He was almost as beautiful as the mystery man, but more on the adorable puppy side.

I noticed heat rise to his cheeks and I realized I had been staring at him in silence. Flushing almost as bright as him, I tore my gaze away from his face and towards the front board where the teacher was still speaking.

A few minutes later I feel him nudge my leg under the table. Turning to face him, I see him shyly picking at his finger beds while not meeting my eyes. Gosh he's so adorable I just wanna hug him. He finally looks up through his eyelashes and mumbles something before turning red.

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly

He takes a deep breath and looks me right in the eyes nervously.

"i-i-i-just wanted to say you look pretty..." he rushes out, looking down in embarrassment

Flushing brighter than he did earlier, i manage to rush out a thank you before hiding the redness of my cheeks in my hands. God i've never been good with compliments, let alone from guys.

Before i get the chance to respond like a normal human being the bell rings ending the school day. I got ready to say something but Harlow comes bounding into the class grabs me and practically drags me out to the parking lot.

"why'd you rush us out of the school as if it's on fire?" i panted, geez i'm out of shape.

she gave me an incredulous look, "I had to get you out before Kai spots us and steals you away from me" she must have seen the confusion wash over my face because she rolls her eyes as if it's obvious.

"We're going lingerie shopping"

Authors Note:
Just bear with me guys...i love y'all
-K
Word count: 1172