Chapter 3: Emery's POV

I walked in Biology class and looked for an empty seat at a lab bench. The only available one was at the back next to some random guy.

I headed to the bench, curious eyes watching me pass them. I made to the back and turned to him "Is anyone sitting here?" ... no reply. Maybe he didn't hear me?

Fuck maybe i should sit somewhere else, he looks like he would be a dick anyway. Scanning the class i remember this was the only seat left. Signing in frustration i pulled out the chair and sat down.

Up close i could see how beautiful he was. His dark hair lay in waves on his head, random pieces hanging in his eyes. His jawline looked like it could cut glass and you could see tattoos trailing up his arm and under his shirt.

What the fuck?! What kind of teenager has tattoos? Shaking my thoughts away i looked toward the front of the class. The teacher was still chatting to someone so i turned back to face the guy.

"Hi i'm Emery, this is my first day of high school. I just moved here from GreenRock." oh my god, did i seriously just say that. Might as well tell him my whole life story now. I couldn't have just acted like a normal person for once. Cringing at my idiot self, i waited for his reaction.

He didn't even turn his head to face me and no words escaped his full lips. Kill me now. i guess i was right about him being an absolute dick. I already hate this guy.

Maybe he hates me...I felt myself retreat back into my head as my intrusive thoughts took over.

Your so annoying. This is why no one likes you. You should learn to shut up. You will never have anyone because how could someone want to be friends with a loser like you. You're a useless person that is a waste of space.

Feeling tears prick my eyes, i blinked them away angrily and faced the front again wondering if he hates me too.

• • •

He ignored me the entire class, not even glancing in my direction once. Finally the bell rang, but before i could get a word out he was already out of the classroom.

Wow...i must have really done something to make him ignore me entirely. Maybe i remind him of his ex or something. I scoffed, already tired of thinking about him and left the classroom.

• • •

"EMERY!!!"

i whipped my head in the direction of the voice to see Mattheo approaching me.

"Hey Mattheo, where's Kai?" Mattheo's eyes left mine to focus behind me so i turned around and came face to face with Kai. "Hey Em, you ready to go home?"

I frantically nodded my head, mentally drained from my first day of school. Kai just laughed and led me and Mattheo out of the school.

We were walking through the parking lot when Kai pulled out a pair of car keys and opened the car beside us.

"You have a car?? Since when??" i asked confused. Kai turned to me "might i remind you we haven't seen each other since elementary" I mentally facepalmed. this day is taking a lot out of me.

I got in the passenger seat, Kai in the drivers, and Mattheo in the back. Kai started the car and music filled our ears. "How was your day Em?" mattheo asked leaning on the divider.

"The morning was really good, and at lunch i made my first friend!!" Mattheo clutched his chest in mock hurt "i thought i was your first friend??" Laughing i playfully patted his head in reassurance "Of course you are, i meant my first girl friend" Mattheo just smiled back at me.

"What's her name? Kai asked curiously. "Harlow, she's my age." His eyes flashed with recognition. "She's in my Calculus class. I hooked up with her last year" Mattheo added from between them.

"Gross i didn't need to know you fucked my newest friend" i fake gagged. Kai burst out laughing "Isn't she the one who pegged you?" Mattheos face flushed with embarrassment "you promised you wouldn't bring it up again" he whined

I looked between them confused. "what does that mean?" i turned to Kai, his face slightly red. "I'm gonna leave that to Mattheo"

"What!! Why me?!?" Mattheo put his face in his hands now. I turned towards him "PLEASEEEEE"Mattheo raised his face out of his hands "Nope you're never finding out"

I glared at the two of them waiting for one to tell me. Their lips stayed sealed. Grumpily i crossed my arms and leaned back in the car seat. "Tell me about the rest of your day" Kai said breaking the silence.

"I was so excited for biology, but then i was forced to sit next to this random guy who ignored me the whole class! He probably hates me or something. Whatever, he's probably an asshole anyway." i muttered angrily

Kai's knuckles turned white on the steering wheel "He sounds like a dick, just try to ignore him. Maybe ask to switch seats or something?" Mattheo looked at Kai, nodding in agreement. "yeah if he gives you any problems just tell us and we'll beat him up for you" Mattheo grinned mischievously

"No one will be beating anyone up! He's harmless. I just have to get over the fact that not everyone's gonna like me..."

Mattheo lightly punched me in the shoulder "i think you're pretty likeable" he grinned while winking. Shoving him away i looked out the window watching the houses pass by in a blur

Kai pulled into my driveway and i got out. "I'll pick you up at 8:30 tomorrow!" Kai yelled out the window. I waved them goodbye and entered the front door.

• • •

It is currently 12:05 AM and i can't sleep. Thoughts of the stupid guy in my Bio class flood my mind. He was so beautiful...too bad he's a dick. Ughhhh!!! I felt my eyes slowly fluttering shut as i began to lose consciousness. His face popped into my head, being the last thing on my mind before i fell asleep

Authors Note: Sorry this chapter wasn't super interesting. I promise it'll pick up soon!!
- K
Word Count: 1057