the end and the beginning

'Life is such a fickle little thing isn't it?' That was sole thought floating through my mind as I lay in my death bed. My breathing was laboured. I desperately clung on to the last bit of my lifeforce.

All my life I chased after an illusionary goal others set for me, believing them to be my "dreams". I learned books like fish to water. I ranked first at everything I went for. I married a woman they chose to be "perfect" for me. I earned more than anyone can possibly hope for. And yet at my final moments I ask myself did I really want all that. Why was I chasing after all that so desperately.

Another jolt of pain brought me back to reality snapping me out of my thoughts. I coughed harshly. My time is close. I concluded. I looked through my life in desperation looking for something that completed me. 'Something' I did for myself. And yet I came up blank. I laughed and coughed in unison at my pitiable life.

My entire life. Gone to waste.

Soon the pain intensified. My innards were painfully torn apart.  I screamed in pain. I could hear people shouting and yelling gibberish. But all I could focus on was my pain. I asked myself :"is this really the end? "

Soon the pain lessened. My vision started darkening. My life force was completely extinguished. I finally gave up on the pointless struggle. I waited for shinigami to take me.

............

"OH NO YOU DON'T! "

I heard a powerful voice saying. I saw bright yellow light. I felt my soul being ripped apart. It was pain like never before. An intense storm of energy enveloped me. The yellow light intensified. I screamed without sound.

Soon the yellow light began to dissolve. I was disoriented and confused. After a few minutes the light completely left my eyesight. My vision was still a bit blurry. I could hear noises around me. The surroundings smelled like medicines and sanitizer. Standard hospital smell. I concluded I was still in the hospital. What was that light. Some kind of near death hallucination?

That's when I noticed something was severly wrong or perhaps right. I wasn't feeling any pain. I was slightly tired but nowhere near being dead. What's going on? I decided to sit up and investigate. But I found it near impossible to move. Am I dead? No I could feel wind on my face. I could hear some shouts. I could see blurry sights. That's three of the five senses. So not dead. But what IS going on?

I needed my sight. With great difficulty I pried open my eyes. That was the moment that I had probably the greatest shock of my life. My hands were chubby. And tiny. I had baby hands? My brain short circuited.  It took five whole minutes to comprehend the situation. I WAS A BABY! A FRICKING BABY!

I did something any self respecting reincarnated baby would do. I cried on top of my lungs. Suddenly someone came rushing to me. A lady, probably a nurse, took me in her hands and tried to make me stop crying in some unknown language (japanese?, chinese?, Korean?) . But that just reinforced the fact that I was really a baby. I became louder.

She looked concerned and immediately ran to the nearest window to show me the stars in the night sky thinking that would stop my crying. Well it did! But not because of the stars. Outside the window there were thousands of buildings of various types. I wasn't in Brooklyn anymore. But even that wasn't that shut me up. Beyond those buildings was an enormous mountain. On it were four regal faces all carved in stone.

Fuck!

I was in konoha!

. . . . . . . . . . . .3 years later. . . . . . . . . . .

_________________________________________

Report

Name: kai zawashi
parents: sato zawashi(late) [KIA], maru zawashi [ psychologically unstable after her husband's death, she left her child in the orphanage after believing it's birth to be the reason why her husband died. Currently living in hidden tea. ]
Bloodline: N/A

Review: has a keen interest in training and improving himself. Is seen to be immensly mature than his peers and yet has his childish moments. Talent is low but that gap is covered by his intense work ethic. Deep rooted allegiance towards konoha and shinobis as a whole.

Potential: chunin to special jonin
_________________________________________

Jonin Minato namikaze smiled curiously as he read the child's report. Children in orphanages are often watched by anbu in order to find the ones with potential. But since most orphans are either clanless, or children of chunins or genins, who quickly die out in service, they more often than not, only have potential up-to reaching Chunin or genin level.  And yet here is a child with special jonin level potential.

Minato raised his head from the report and looked at the anbu agent: "are you certain he's not a traitor? There have been cases like those! Sending unsuspecting children to infiltrate and obtain information." the  masked man answered:"we are positive of his allegiance to konoha. This child has been thoroughly watched upon by us. But...if it's necessary we CAN do a mind search.."

Minato quickly intervened: "No. No need for that. Your word is enough. *sigh* what do you think hokage-sama?"

The man sitting in front of him smoked his pipe. He was old and his skin withered. But the presence he exuded was enough to show you he was no helpless old man. He replied smiling: " well according to the report other than his intense training there are no abnormalities. And maybe... Who knows... He could be the next Minato for all we know! "

Another old man who stood hidden the shadows came out. He was also withered and old. In fact nothing about him seemed dangerous. But the 'X' shaped scar on his face said otherwise. Danzo shimura countered?:" Or he could be the next orochimaru. Why take the risk. Give the child to me. I'll mold him to be the best possible shinobi he can ever be!"

Hiruzen sighed:" No Danzo. He has the will of fire in him. He will never turn out like my wayward student."

Danzo replied:"But why take the risk. This child has the potential to be another monster. Why would we want such a monster to be against konoha?" Hiruzen replied with a smile:" We must have faith in the next generation Danzo!"

Danzo sneered:" faith? We are at war hiruzen. And you want to talk to me about faith? FAITH is nothing but a FOOL'S DREAM. AND YOU WANT ME TO...."

"DANZO" hiruzen shouted releasing a bit killing intent. Suddenly he reminded them he was not just 'the proffessor' but also the kami no shinobi. "you are dismissed!"

Danzo scoffed and disappeared into thin air without so much as a sound. Hiruzen sighed.

He then replied to the anbu:" You can leave the kid alone. He's in the clear.... for now. But if he's anything like orochimaru.... " sharp killing intent spiked " We will show him what will become of an enemy of konoha."

To be continued....