the loophole

Sarabi pov

Another brat had come into the exam room. He looked completely unharmed. Did he not participate in the beat down? I shook my head. He must have realized that he had no chance at beating me and left.  But then why come back.

The brat walked forwards through the middle of sprawling groaning examinees. His face exuded confidence. He wasn't a clan kid. I was sure of that. His chakra was still locked. What's this kids deal? He then stopped infront of me and took something out of his pocket.

He opened his hands to show me a ..... kunai!!!!  Several gasps were heard across the room. My own heart literally skipped a beat. I panicked. Another one passed???  But how??? when??? Then I noticed something. The kunai was polished and still lustrous. It wasn't a test kunai. He bought a new kunai!

...
...
...

This brat!

I calmed down and said to him:" brat. Did you really think I wouldn't notice.  This is a new kunai-"

He interrupted me:"I know. "

I got confused at that:" if you know then why did you bring this. The test was to steal a kunai from my hand.  not-"

I was interrupted...again:"actually your words were ' you have to have a kunai in your hand by the end of the test if you want to sit in the class. ' you never specified how to obtain said kunai. "

The entire room went silent at that. I myself went speechless. Now that I think about it I did say that. I smirked in the inside.  This brat. He found a loophole within my words and used it against me. If only the higher ups hadn't adamantly asked me to only pass itachi,  I would have definitely passed him. He was a textbook shinobi. Hah! What a fate.

I said to him patiently smiling :" look brat I think you are misunderstanding something. The test was-"

I was cut-off by the inazuka's words:"yeah. What the hell do you mean no. The parameters were pretty clear. Have a kunai and you pass. "

I was surprised at that. I replied to the inazuka:"yes but the test was -"

Another kid yelled:" are you changing the parameters of the test???? "

The entire btach broke into chatters at that. This is bad. If news gets out the exam proctor changed the parameters of the test , then it won't be long before they connect it with itachi. If the other clanheads realize we are giving the uchiha special treatment it could turn into a big issue.

This shitty little brat Is about to become the cause of a political warfare in the village. And the worst part is he didn't even know it.

The chattering became louder. I yelled out :"alright! ENOUGH!" the voices quieted down. I said:"congratulations on finding the loophole. You too passed the test. "

Suddenly the clan kids also started pulling out kunais from their pouches along with some civilian kids. Well.... Fuck!

Kai pov

Phew!

I almost blew it. I ran to the nearest weapons shop and brought a single kunai. You might not believe the trouble I went through for that.  Apparently they have 'moral obligations' against 'selling weapons' to children.

But I managed. It was one of those times when having the shopowner as a friend is actually a good thing. I rushed back to the test site and saw that, as I predicted the batch was on the ground groaning.

I had a slight bit of trouble convincing her. But I did it anyways. What I was not expected was for 20 other students to pass with me. Well unexpected but not unwelcome. Now I don't have to be in a team with itachi uchiha.

Well the important thing is I passed. And I am officially beginning my road to being a ninja/wizard. Blowing fire from my mouth and cutting through solid steel with a lightning sword. An involuntary smile lit up my face.

The students slowly started filling in the class. Many of them were whispering towards each other. In the last bench itachi uchiha sat, eyeing me like a hawk. I could already feel a connection forming.

Well aside from my stalker uchiha, the hyuuga kid has been staring at me for a while. If he's anything like neji, I am in big trouble.

I discreetly kept an eye out on him just in case he pulls a neji. He suddenly stood up from his seat. And following his lead Hana and the aburame too stood up. 'They aren't coming to me right. I mean we barely know each other and they are clan kids.  They have no reason to-....aaand they are coming at me! They are coming right at me!!!!

I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath. If they want a fight, then a fight they'll get. They slowly approached me and reached right in front of me. I calmed my breath and decided to make a good first impression:" 'sup?"

( 'sup? Wow! Thanks brain!)

The hyuuga tilted his head to the right.  Then he shook it. He then looked at me and said:"thanks man. What you did was really cool."

My brain which was preparing for thousands of surprise attacks suddenly short circuited.  And the only thing that came out was:"what? "

The hyuuga blinked:"you know standing up to sarabi sensei. That was big of you.'

well...it wasn't exactly my plan .... but hey....what the hell!

i smiled at him;" sure. no problem"

he then asked me slightly nervously :"ummm...can we sit here?" i blinked. civilians having clan kids as friends will raise a lot of red flags. a lot of attention will be concentrated on me. more so than i would like to have on myself. on the other hand having clan kids as friends in and itself was an advantage. i didn't have that many advantages as such to throw away the ones that come right at me.

besides its not like having friends is illegal or nothing. besides kids my age having no friends will also stand out a lot. 

shrugged at him and said: "yeah. sure."

to be continued.....