the academy entrance

Sarabi pov

I looked at the so called genius of the uchiha clan. I thought the rumors were overrated. I mean he was 6 year old child for crying out loud. Those were my thoughts on uchiha itachi. That is,  until I actually saw him. That's when I knew it. Konoha will be having another monster in her ranks.  His chakra was less than average compared to other clan kids. His height and weight were nothing noteworthy. But the aura he projected was a dimension above others.

Who knew that I would actually be excited for fighting with a 6 year old. I smiled. I looked at the other students. I could see a couple of clan kids. A hyuuga, an inazuka, an aburame, and a couple of civilian kids with their chakra unlocked. But all of them paled in comparison to the uchiha gem.

One of the civilian kids yelled at me:"alright we are coming at you. Don't say we didn't warn you. " immediately about five kids ran at me from various directions. I could also see a sixth one with a slingshot preparing for a surprise attack from the behind.

I smiled at their naievity. Guess I should teach them the difference between a chunin and civilian. I disappeared and reappered just in front of the slingshot kid and kicked him in his gut. All of the kids who looked so confident a second before immediately looked at me in terror. Even the prodigy uchiha was staring at me wide eyed. One of the kids yelled:"sh-shit. She caught our surprise attack. Attack her all at once. "

I simply shook my head. An army of children came rushing at me. Again I immediately disappeared.

Punch to the Head.

Karate chop to the Shoulder.

Kick in the Solar plexus.

Bash to the chest.

My speed went far above the realm of chunins. Forget reacting, these little chicks couldn't even see me.

"surround her!"
"attack her blindside!"
"where the FUCK is her blindside!!! "

It wasn't even a fight. A full-on one-sided slaughter.

Kick. Punch. Duck. Punch. Punch. Punch. Duck. Kick.

30 seconds and the entire batch was reduced to sprawling, groaning, crybabies. Did I go overboard? Nah. They must understand what they are getting into in the shinobi business. I looked around at my artwork and smiled. At the other end of the room 4 kids were still standing. The clan kids and the prodigy. It warmed my heart to see the prodigy of the generation gaping like a fish without water.

They must have decided to observe and decide their next course of action. Smart yet dumb move. They could have tried to steal the kunais while I was busy with the other small fries. But I will cut them some slack. They were just kids after all.

We stood in a Mexican standoff for a solid five seconds. 'Did I.... Did I break them?? 'I thought concerned.

Suddenly the inazuka's (Hana??) demeanor changed. She suddenly turned angry and yelled:"get her! " her figure blurred along with the hyuuga and aburame. The uchiha on the other didn't move an inch. What is he planning?

I shook my head. I had to focus on the fight. Normally three chicks like them,  even clan spawns couldn't make me break a sweat. But today was different. The higher ups had forbidden me from using chakra. I vigilantly observed their movements.

Their speed was similar to that of a third year academy student. That is they were pretty fast. And to me they looked like snails moving with a thousand pound shell. They appeared to have some sort of plan.

The hyuuga came first and tried to close chakra point on my right arm. As if I would let him. I immediately sidestepped and pushed him backwards. Next came the inazuka who came at me with a punch to my gut. I simply swatted it away. Suddenly she got down and tried to perform a sweep on my legs. I decided to move backwards. But immediately my senses went overboard. Behind me the hyuuga was also performing a leg sweep. So front and back are compromised. Only One Direction to go.

I jumped upwards. I smiled at their cute little plan. But my Victory was short lived. The aburame using his clans stealth techniques had silently climbed the wall and was hanging upside down above me.

I see. So that was their plan. Get me midair using a double sweep and then use tree climbing and aburame stealth. I smiled. Well played. But they made 1 mistake in their plan. They thought that I would be helpless midair.

I caught the hands of the aburame kid and threw him at the other the inazuka and landed gracefully on the ground. I immediately follows it up with three kicks to the hyuuga's gut. I then stood up.

The kids seemed to have admitted defeat as they laid groaning and panting on the ground.

I then looked at the uchiha. He was still standing on the exact same spot. I frowned:"hey. Doncha want to pass this thing or What. " he replied without missing a beat:"I already did!" I asked confused:"what?? " suddenly itachi's figure turned into a fluttering group of crows. My eyes widened. Then the world around me melted. 'genjtsu!! ' I thought.

Suddenly the prodigy was sitting in a chair in the classroom, a kunai in his hand. Mind went blank. He cast a genjutsu on me, a chunin. But when? How?? 

I looked at the boy. He didn't have an ounce of pride on his face for having fooled a chunin. In fact he looked almost.....tired. So this is a prodigy. I looked at the boy in awe. If I had such talent where would I be right now??

I shook my head. Not the time. Not the place. I had a duty to perform. I looked at the other kids in pity. Many of them had such potential. And yet they could only serve as stepping stones for monsters like him. I had orders from above to fail the entire batch. This batch was only meant for itachi uchiha so we could focus all our resources on him to bring out his true potential.

So unfortunately I had to fail them. But doing so will raise a lot of voices. In order to avoid that.... I had to... Break their spirit..... God I hate my job.

I conjured my inner shinobi and put on an emotionless mask:"is this it?  Pathetic!" they visibly flinched. I continued:"This one boy did what a hundred of you couldn't do. And you call yourselves shinobi??" I could see them breaking down before my eyes.  God I hate myself.

But I had to continue. This was for konoha. Just when I was about to continue.....a voice interrupted me

"Excuse me!"

To be continued.....