2. Fat Chance

Me, Jerry, Eddie, and Kim were standing by their lockers when Milton ran down the stairs excitedly, "Guys! Guys! Wanna know who just won the district-wide spelling bee? Here's a clue. M-E."

"Meh?" Jerry asked.

Milton sighed, "It's ME you toad"

Eddie pointed at the trophy in Milton's hand, "What is that?"

"The trophy I won. It's a bronze bee." Milton replied, tapping on the bee.

Kim looked unimpressed, "I've got fillings bigger than that thing." The others nodded in agreement, I smacked Kim lightly on the back of her head.

"I rode a little filly named 'perspicacious' All the way to the finish line." He said while pretending to ride a horse.

"Milton, I'm proud of you but please don't do that," I said but he ignored me.

"Now come on, who's the man?" Milton asked, gesturing to himself, "Who's the man?"

"Jack is the man!" Principal Burke yelled, holding a trophy and chanting Jack's name with a crowd of students. The gang joined except for Milton and me.

Milton looked at me, "You wanna join them don't you?"

I nodded, "So bad"

Milton sighed, "Go ahead"

I ran over to the crowd and started chanting with the other students.

Principal Burke stops chanting and announces, "Now thanks to Jack's routine, We've won our first gymnastics trophy in years."

"It wasn't really a routine. I was just trying to move fast enough. So no one would notice I was wearing a unitard." Jack starts as two boys in unitards walk past giving him a thumbs up, "When you're wearing one of those things, Even when you win, you lose."

Milton cuts in, "You know, I just won the first spelling bee our school has ever-"

Eddie cuts him off, "Hey, show us what you did to win, Jack."

Everyone moves back to make space for Jack. Jack did a roundoff into a layout. Impressive, I thought as everyone cheered.

Principal Burke walked up to Jack, "Jack, I hope that this means. That you're going to stay on the gymnastics team."

"I told you, it was a one-time deal. I win you your trophy and you get a little visit from the wedgie wizard." Jack said, gesturing to Jerry.

Principal Burke shook Jack's hand, "I guess a deal's a deal."

Jack walks over to me and puts an arm around my shoulders, I look over at him and smile softly, wrapping my arm around his waist.

"Just go with it." Jerry puts baby powder on his hands and hands the bottle to Kim, "Hold that for me. Whoo!" he claps his hands together before giving the principal a major wedgie.

The principal screams, "Is that all you've got, punk?" he said in a high-pitched voice before waddling away with his underwear halfway up his back.

"All right, let's go." Jack starts walking with me, we both noticed that Milton wasn't there and turned back, " Milton, are you coming?"

"Yeah, I'll catch up with you guys in a second."

"All right." we nodded and left.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

We walk into the mall as Milton tells us about his guardian angel, "And at the very last second, he caught me. He put me down and walked away. The only thing that I know about him. Is that his nametag said 'Yoshi Nakamura.'"