5. Swords and Magic

We all were stretching, getting ready for practice. Kim and I were talking about her date with this guy named Donovan. "He was so sweet, he bought me my favorite flowers and he took me to an Italian place and it was just amazing." Kim said with a dreamy look on her face.

"Awwww... you're blushing!" I smiled. "He obviously makes you happy." my smile dropped and I looked at her with a serious look, "you better let me meet him so I can give him the talk."

"Yes ma'am!" She laughed, "In speaking of guys..." She nudged my shoulder and wiggled her eyebrows, "How are things going with Jack?"

"We're just friends" I blushed.

"Guys, huge problem.! Kelsey Vargas, the coolest girl in school, is on her way down here." Jerry announced, rushing into the dojo.

"Don't panic. We've trained for this. Guys, bust out the emergency deodorant." Jack ordered.

"Yeah." Eddie nodded and the boys, except for Jerry, rummaged through their lockers and bags.

I don't need deodorant." Jerry insisted.

"We all need deodorant. We're teenage boys." Milton deadpanned, "Our bodies are a smorgasbord of smells."

"I don't take any chances. I'm wearing a necklace of air fresheners right now." Eddie told us as Kim and I kept stretching and the boys aggressively applied their deodorant, "This week I'm alpine meadow."

"I told Kelsey I was a martial arts expert. And the youngest Sensei in history." Jerry admitted. Kim and I looked at each other amused, we both had the same idea and did rock, paper, scissors to settle our "telepathic" argument. She won and I handed her her red pad helmet that she uses for sparring. Rudy came out of his office but got stopped by Jerry, "Yo, Rudy, Kelsey's on her way. Dude, please hook me up with that black belt."

"You can't have this belt. It's a symbol of hard work, honor and respect." Rudy replied.

"Well, then why do you use it to walk your dog?" Jack asked, walking up to Rudy.

"That was one time and it was an emergency. I had a pug with the squirts and new white carpet." Rudy defended. "Look, can we stop talking and get to sparring, please? Jerry, you're up against Kim. Milton, you're with Eddie and Diana you're with Jack." Jack and I high fived, "Come on, guys, let's go." Rudy clapped as Kelsey walked in.

"Hi, Jerry." Kelsey waved.

"Kelsey, what a surprise." Jerry exclaimed.

"So these are your students that fear and respect you?" Kelsey asked in a disbelieving tone.

"Yes, we are." Kim asks in a faux sweet voice. " I'm about to fear and respect. The living grits out of him right now."

"Oh no, not my grits. I'm gonna need my grits." Jerry whispered to Kim. She grabbed his arm and flipped him onto the mat, "Yeah, I'd say you've got that move down pretty well. Uh, you guys take a five. Kelsey and I are gonna get a froyo. Oh, come on, Kelsey." Jerry beckoned as he took Rudy out of the dojo.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Eddie, Jack, Kim, and I were sitting in the benches near the main staircase of the school getting some homework done. Well, Kim and Eddie were. I was laying on Jack's lap and he was playing with my hair when Jerry approached us. "Hey, thanks a lot, Kim. You cost me a date with the coolest girl in school." He exclaimed.

"What are you gonna do, Sensei, throw me out of the dojo?" Kim teased making Jack, Eddie, and I laugh.

"Kim, in the future, let's respect Jerry enough not to embarrass him in front of the girls he's lied to." Jack told Kim.