𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

Months upon months had passed, and finally, your hard work was reaping good rewards.

   Or, half-good. Maybe not good at all. You were extremely nervous about how today would go.

   "That is a lot of people," Kai muttered from where they stood next to you.

   It was true - a crowd was beginning to form outside of Circus Baby's Pizza World. You knew people would come for the opening, but you had no idea how many there'd be. A deep sigh escaped you, and you hoped to god that Vincent would be able to handle this. You certainly couldn't.

   Nicole bounced when she walked, patting herself down to look presentable. A big smile was on her face.

   "I'm so excited! Ahh, I'm gonna be waiting on tables in a few minutes!" She then paused to idle next to you and said: "Hopefully people will have common decency."

   "Tell me about it," Kai muttered.

   There were enough employees to cover everything, but it was still a little scary for everyone. Some of the staff were wandering nervously around as if checking to make sure everything was in order. You'd already done so about fifty times.

   Otherwise, everyone was doing their job. Your mind wandered to those two odd hires - the first ones you'd interviewed - Christine and Ray. You tried to imagine Christine making sure all the lights worked while Ray cowered by her side, rolling up his sleeves in preparation for all the dishes he'd have to wash later.

   Nicole broke your train of thought.

   "I'm never getting over how cute the uniforms are!" She chimed, starting to pace again. "I didn't know Vincent had it in him to be so stylish!"

   You smiled a little at that. The uniforms were cute, and a little fancier than the purple ones at Freddy's. You and your friends were adorned in white dress shirts and scarlet vests. There were little bowties, too.

   "Vincent is super girly," Said Kai, and you stifled a laugh. Nicole shook her head, grinning. "Seriously, though. Have you guys seen Ballora?"

   "Yes," You replied, and shivered. The animatronics were huge, and they really creeped you out. More than the ones at Freddy's had.

   The mindless banter continued between your coworkers, and you sort of tuned them out, glancing nervously at the horde outside. It wasn't like they were screaming impatiently (though, that'd be really funny) but it was still weird to you. You had to be in charge of this attraction. You had to deal with these people.

   It was nostalgic, too. You saw what seemed to be a husband and a wife talking to each other by their parked car while their small daughter tugged distractingly at her dad's sleeve. He looked down at the girl, then swooped her up and hugged her close. She giggled. You frowned.

   "Are you ready?"

   The sound of Vincent's voice made you jump a little, and he chuckled at your reaction. You rolled your eyes.

   "I am when everyone else is," You told him. "Is everything... in order?"

   "Should be. I told everyone we'd be opening in a few minutes."

   You hadn't even realized that the lobby was void of people besides some employees behind their counter. You guessed they were handling purchases and stuff. 

   "Ok," You said, rubbing your arms. "Ok, yeah. I guess I'm ready."

   "You seem nervous," Vincent murmured. That made you look him in the eye; it gave you a slight boost of confidence. You refused to be nervous.