𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

content warning removed due to major spoilers. read at your own risk.

Vincent's POV

   I couldn't go after Y/N right away. She didn't want to see me.

   Something I tried to distract myself from Y/N (and the pain, of course) was attempting to clean up the crime scene. It was grueling work, especially when I was only continuing to bloody it up with my wounds, but it was important. Neither of us could get caught; not now.

   While on this endeavor, I made a decision.

   I would no longer kill.

   It was only fair - I couldn't care less about how it affected me. All I cared about was Y/N, and that meant I needed to go through with the blood pact. Up until now, I hadn't truly been following its rules. Meanwhile, Y/N had. She had made so many sacrifices for me, and I had done nothing. That needed to change.

   When I finally finished cleaning (to the best of my ability,) I set out to look for Y/N. To my surprise, she'd taken the car. My keys must have fallen out of my pocket, there for her to escape with. I wasn't hunting her down. I was finding her. I had to speak with her.

   The only problem was the damn stab wounds.

   They hurt a lot worse since the adrenaline had worn off, and they were effectively slowing me down. I could hardly walk, my limp was so prominent. But I pressed my arms hard against my stomach in a sorry attempt to stop the bleeding and made my way down the dim streets.

   Each time I walked under a streetlight, everything went yellow. It sickened me. Eventually, I ended up just traveling messily, whether that be in the road, on the sidewalk, or in someone's yard. I barely had any idea of where I was going.

   That was until I saw our house in the distance.

   I'd probably gone this direction subconsciously, but it didn't matter. What mattered was that I found Y/N and eased her mind. All she needed was solace, all this time. If I had just decided to stop killing sooner and opened my damn eyes, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Maybe we'd be together right now.

   When I approached our small yard, I was dismayed.

   The car wasn't in the driveway.

   My worry increased tenfold, then, and I sighed, eyebrows furrowing. If she wasn't here, where would she be? I fretted with my hands and walked up to our front door, which, to my surprise, was slightly ajar.

   Either she'd been here, or had left it open on her way to the restaurant. No matter what it was, I passed over the threshold, looking nervously from side to side.

   The living room was empty. There was no sign of her save for the Nintendo Switch that sat by the television, but that surely wouldn't help. The kitchen was empty, too, so I opted for upstairs. The staircase looked especially tedious to climb, but I sucked it up and did it anyway.

   I didn't bother checking in my room; if I was going to find anything, it'd be in her's.

   But it, too, was void of clues. Nothing moved. Nothing made a sound. It felt terribly lonely. I was about to give up and search somewhere else when I heard a curious noise... Something like buzzing.

   Her phone, I realized.

   It was laying haphazardly on her bed, screen lit up. Someone had texted her.

   I wasn't one to snoop, but it felt important to do so in this situation. My interest was piqued, anyway.

   The text was from Nicole.