𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒

○°○°○

○°○°○

date
September 2nd, 1977
time
07 : 04 AM

     Amaryllis awoke with a dull pounding in her skull, and faint memories of yesterday's back-to-school party.

One memory is given color by the slight movement beside her, the movement belonging to her best friend, Remus Lupin.

The sandy haired boy shifts beside her in his sleep before waking up. Judging by his groan of annoyance, he was just as hungover as Amaryllis.

"Rem?" She threw her arm across her body to poke Remus in the side, ever so gently.

With a sleepy mumble and yet another shift, Remus was face first in the pillow and laying more of himself atop Amaryllis' figure.

"Remus?" She calls out softly. But no movement from Remus made her lose hope of ever being able to move. The feeling of her arm going numb due to the weight.

After a moment of wallowing in her own pity, Amaryllis' eyes shift around the room until she sets her bright green irises onto a messy head of raven black hair laying on the bed beside Remus'.

"Potter?"

James awoke within the second she spoke his name, and despite the raging migraine, he shot up to his feet in order to help Amaryllis.

"Yes, Lis?"

"Oh, Merlin," Amaryllis shifts, trying to push Remus off on her own to avoid help from the boy who's had a crush on her since they met on the train their first year, but alas, it was no use. Remus was simply too tall, and lanky for her to even break her arm free from beneath him. She was strong but Remus had wolf strength in  him, "Help me get Moons off of me."

"Why of course, my dear Lestrange," James' smirk was evident as he reached above Amaryllis to lift Remus off of her long enough for her to roll off the bed and onto the floor with a soft thud.

In a second, Remus was back to laying fully on the bed and Amaryllis' hips were wrapped easily with James' big hand's as he lifted her up and onto her feet.

To fully stable herself, Amaryllis set her small hand's flat on his chest, feeling the rhythmic beating of James' heart beneath her palm.

When she looked up into his hazel eye's, a new memory of last night's party jolted back, overwhelming her senses.

Amaryllis cupped her hands on the back of his neck, pulling James' head down to meet her's, "You tell anyone about this, Potter, and you're dead."

"What?" His voice was low, still reeling over the fact that he's so close in proximity to Amaryllis and it's by her doing.

Amaryllis steps onto her tiptoes - despite her height and her heels, she was never tall enough to meet James' height - and closes the gap between them, her lips being set his.

He went as still as stone, which caused Amaryllis to pull away, "James? Is this alri-" James pulled her back into him, kissing her with every emotion of his that's been brewing within him since he first saw her.

All of her senses were lost to James Potter, him being the only thing she could feel, hear, smell, and see - well not see, as her eye's were closed so tightly due to the overwhelming sensation.

Amaryllis was so lost in the kiss that she was blissfully unaware of James walking her backward until her back was against the stone wall of the Gryffindor common room's corner.

With Fleetwood Mac flooding back into her ears, and the smell of James - his subtle cologne with accents of rain and citrus from his broom wax - being overtaken by her own perfume - a gentle Lavender and sweet cream - Amaryllis pulled away, staring up at James who looked painfully gorgeous.

His messy hair was fluffed up and even more of a mess due to her fingers running through it in the mist of their kiss, the top three buttons of his shirt were undone, his lips swollen from the kiss and red from her lipstick, and his eyes were blown with passion and a hint of lust. His stance was what made her heart speed up the most.

While she stood against the wall, her back being cooled by the stone, her hands gripping the collar of his shirt, James hovered above, his feet being a bit aways from hers so he could comfortably be bent down to her while his hands were splayed against the wall; his biceps flexed with his weight being held up by his hands against the wall.

"Fuckin' hell," Amaryllis muttered, she pushed him off her, stunning him a moment before she spun him around, pushing him back against the wall and pulling him down to meet her lips again, her small hands splayed against his chest.

The memory spurred Amaryllis to push herself away from James which made the back of her knees hit the edge of the bed, sending her to sit, almost falling back onto Remus.

"No. No, no, no," Amaryllis softly kicked him away, placing her head in her hands.

"So you remember?" James sounded slightly hopeful, as he took a step back from her.

"Yes, and I don't want to."

James took another step away with a slight frown taking over his face and a small part of Amaryllis felt a twinge of sadness for how harsh she was being but she told herself it was better for them both.

"Look," Amaryllis got to her feet, slipping her feet back into her platform knee-high boots and zipping them up, "Just forget about last night. Please."

"I don't think I can," James muttered below his breath, turning to head in the direction of the bathroom.

"Shit," Amaryllis cursed below her breath, taking a moment before she spun on her heels, bent down above Remus, and set a kiss on his head.

After that, she left the boys' dorm, not wanting to be there when James came out.

○°○°○