𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

○°○°○

○°○°○

date
February 3rd, 1975
time
05 : 12 AM

The sun was just rising, the sun pouring over Amaryllis' face, the shadows caving in at her cheekbones.

It wasn't cold but there was a rather cruel breeze which made the warm sun useless.

With a slight shiver, one she hoped the boy beside her wouldn't notice, she lifted herself up and moved close enough to him, their arms were pressed together.

His chuckle was felt along her arm as his body moved with the laugh, and it filled her ears causing a warmth to spread through her.

"You cold there, baby?" His accent was ever so unique to her. It was American but had a subtle lilt. One she couldn't place the base of.

But that was the mystery of Atlas. He was unlike anyone she'd ever known. It was his beauty.

"A little," Amaryllis smiled, turning her face up to his only to see him already watching her.

"Come here," He slid her arm from between them and wrapped it around her hip before pulling her onto his lap. It wasn't sexual, it was beyond anything like that. It was affection and love at its peak. Atlas' arms wound their way around Amaryllis and she settled into him, her arms weaving their way around his neck, "Better?"

A content sigh hit Atlas' neck, a soft hum vibrating through her chest, confirming for her.

They sat like that for a long time, just enjoying their time together, before they we're due for class.

Amaryllis broke the silence first, her lips whispering across his neck as she spoke, "So, Atlas St.James, are you enjoying your time at Hogwarts?"

"Very much so, Amaryllis Lestrange, especially since I've laid my eyes on you," It was quite a sappy thing for him to say but it spurred a soft laugh from Amaryllis. It was like the sun got brighter just by her laughter, "My God, you're perfect."

"Oh shush, I bet you say that to all the birds," Amaryllis lifted her head to meet his, but not before planting a feather-light kiss just below his jawline.

"Only the ones with the prettiest green eyes, the most stunning French accent and a smile that can rival the sun," Atlas looked into her eyes, the ones he adored with everything in him, and smiled when he watched the corners of her lips lift up.

Amaryllis had to take a moment to think, as all the logic flew away with his words, "Tell me a truth, Atlas. A brutally honest, never-told-before truth."

"My first name," He paused, letting his words settle in the air, "Is Grayson. But I go by my middle name, Atlas, because my mom's is - was Atlas and it makes me feel closer to her knowing I'm honoring her in some way."

The truth made Amaryllis' heart skip, not because she was angry at him for never telling her sooner, but for going by his middle name to honor his mother.

She stared at him, her lips parted ever so slightly, before crashing her lips to his.

The kiss was hurried when she led it but quickly slowed to a calm pace when Atlas took control.

After a minute like that, he pulled away, a bit dazed from the kiss but wearing a dopey grin, "What was that for? Not that I'm complaining."

"For the truth. Grayson," Amaryllis smiled up at him, watching as his grin turned into a smile - a love filled smile.