CHAPTER 11

"Have fun! See you after break, Yuri-yah~"

The said girl grinned at her roommate, "you too, Minju-unnie~"

After one final hug, Yuri went outside their dorm room, leaving the older girl to pack her own things as she walked down the hall to her sister's room.

Knock Knock...

A certain duck poked her head through the door, smiling at the hamster, "hi Yuri, you here for your sis?"

Yuri nodded her head, "yeah, is she done packing?"

"Yes, I'm done packing."

Yena opened the door wider to reveal Chaewon, who had on a duffel bag similar to Yuri's.

"Ready to go, Yuri-yah?"

"Yeah I am, unnie."

The two sisters waved at the duck, "bye Yena-unnie! Have a good break."

"You too! Be safe guys."

Yuri and Chaewon walked outside the school building, seeing other students head out for winter break as well. Seeing that none of their friends were outside or in sight, they hurried out to catch their bus home... The two only had a duffel bag each for their luggage, leaving many things behind since they were going to come back anyways after two weeks.

Chaewon yawned, shifting her position so she comfortably laid her head on Yuri's shoulder.

"I'm going to sleep, okay?"

"Okay unnie, I'll wake you up when we're there."

Yuri also moved to a more comfortable position in her seat, leaning against the window as her older sister leaned on her. Cityscapes flashed by as the bus went on it's journey, and soon enough, she could hear her sister sleeping soundly. With no one to talk to, she put on her earbuds without moving too much, turning on her playlist for the rest of the ride...

....

...

...

"Chaewon-unnie, wake up."

Yuri's sister's eyes fluttered open sleepily, "huh..."

"We're here, unnie."

Chaewon yawned, rubbing her eyes as she stood up, "oh, I hope you weren't too uncomfortable"

Yuri shook her head as they began to walk down the aisle, "nope, don't worry unnie."

The older girl stretched as they hopped off the bus, spinning around to welcome back her old neighborhood.

"Let's go home, Yuri-yah."

Chaewon grabbed her sister's hand, and the two walked side-by-side down such a familiar road, some workers starting to head out for their job or some breakfast. After a few minutes of walking from the bus stop, they arrived at a small one-story home, the older girl knocking on the door.

...

...

...

Their middle-aged parents greeted them as soon as the door opened.

...

Or well, they greeted Chaewon first.

"Chaewon-ah! Come in, come in, we missed both of you."

Chaewon joyfully grinned at their parents while Yuri gave them an awkward, small smile.

"Yuri, welcome home."

"Thanks eomma..."

Things got complicated for Yuri after that school choir incident. After finding out that Yuri had a special gift, her parents began to act differently around her. Chaewon tried to help by telling them about her ability as well but... Her's was more controllable than Yuri's. Of course, they still loved her but... their relationship had changed.