CHAPTER 39

[M] - death/blood

~ ~ ~

CRASH!

Everyone's eyes adverted to the fallen bookshelf that laid at an angle, dust lifting into the air as papers and old books scattered around the floor.

"KKURA!"

The male vampire's last kick to the torso slammed Sakura to the shelf with so much force that the piece of furniture toppled onto the girl as she fell, leaving her with much of her figure stuck under the object.

They all could hear a groan as Sakura's hand twitched, the man laughing in delight.

"Good... Now that you're out of the way..."

Chaeyeon and Minju flinched as he turned to them, "that smell is so~ appetizing... I'm shocked Sakura was able to hold out without biting into you for so long."

He chuckled, "I don't want your wings... And your other friend already has flight and so much more..."

The younger of the two summoned multiple balls of light, going in front of Chaeyeon as the man came closer.

The man sighed, "light may be a source of fire but that won't be enough to actually kill me."

"Minju!"

"Especially if you're too slow."

He teleported in front of the angel, knocking her away with a hard shove before she had the chance to back away or fly.

Chaeyeon backed away as he appeared in front of her, landing with a dull thud onto the floor as she tripped over a book, wincing in pain as she scooted away until she hit a wall.

"You'll heal me right up..."

'This is it... isn't it...'

The winged girl squeezed her eyes closed, ready for the worst to come as he tightly grasped her shoulders, his mouth widening.

"NO!"

After a split second Chaeyeon no longer felt the man near her, and she opened her eyes to see Sakura on top of him, nails black and sharpened, eyes blood red with a hint of gold, her glistening fangs bared.

"NO one..."

The Japanese girl sneered, lifting up her fist and slamming down on his face before he could speak.

"Hurts Chaeyeon..."

Another blow to the face, a subtle crack being heard from those who were close to the two vampires.

"Or ANY of my friends..."

The others in the room grimaced as Sakura's sharp nails clawed at the man's face, blood oozing out the four slash marks ripped into his skin.

The man somehow let out a laugh, "my... you're a monster... Aren't you."

Eunbi covered Wonyoung's eyes as Sakura made a final slash at the vampire's throat, the maknae thankful for once for her eyes being covered as she cringed away to face the wall. The other girls that didn't want to see did the same, some thinking they might throw up from the now-dead and ravaged body of the vampire.

Sakura's breathing was heavy as she lost the redness in her eyes, her bloodied claws shrinking back to her human hands as she stared at the lifeless man below her.

The smell of his blood disgusted her.

She staggered up, muttering in a low voice, "he's dead."