1

Iron Man, (or Tony stark, I should say) flew into the HYDRA building that him and his team scouted out. He was planning on doing a quick kill and go. So he quickly flew into the building, immediately blasting every soldier in sight before heading off to the next room.

"All clear on the grounds. Anything happening on the inside?" Nat said through the intercom.

Tony was too busy blasting people to answer, but thankfully Steve did. "There's a lot more people in here than we estimated. We're gonna need you in here Nat."

"On my way." She answered.

"Does that mean it's a code green?" Bruce asked, who was staying in the quinjet in case of an emergency.

"No. Not yet at least, so stand by." Tony finally got a chance to speak.

"They seem to be guarding a door. It's on the ground floor." Clint said. "Okay, Thor we need your help in here. Everyone get in the building."

Thor didn't answer, but he almost immediately flew in through one of the windows with his hammer, knocking out a few guards in the process.

"Where's that door, Barton?" Tony asked.

"Down the hall! It's kinda hidden in a corner, I almost missed it." Clint said, out of breath. Tony nodded and made his way to it, getting rid of anyone who got in his way.

It took him a while, because like Clint said, it was a hard door to find. But he eventually did. As soon as he got close to it, guards started running at him from all directions.

"A little help over here!" He called out, punching, blasting and throwing as much as he could. Nat came rushing over, helping him fight them all off. Soon, they knocked them all down and immediately turned to the door.

What could they want to protect and hide so much?

The door was locked, so Nat kicked it down with ease. The room showed steps leading all the way down into a dark room. Tony walked down with Nat following cautiously behind him.

Tony's mouth fell open once he got to the bottom. There were, what looked like, torture devices everywhere. There we also cells, it was dirty and absolutely freezing. But what shocked and upset Tony the most, was the young boy sitting in the corner, hugging his knees and shaking. He couldn't identify how old he was, but he was extremely young and was bruised all over. His brown hair was wet and messy, some of it hanging over his eyes. It wasn't like Tony could see his eyes very well anyway because he was hiding his face in his knees. His bare arms were bleeding, some of the blood was smeared over the bruises but they were still noticeable. All the boy had on was a pair of baggy and dirty sweatpants.

Tony stepped out of his iron suit before slowly making his way towards the boy, he didn't want to scare him.

The boy hadn't noticed Tony or Nat yet, so when Tony finally reached the boy and carefully placed a hand on his shoulder, the boy flinched and moved away. Tony retreated his hand and held it up.

"It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you." Tony said softly. He got a good look at the boy's face. His eyes were bloodshot with tears. He had massive bags under them as well. He had cuts all over his face, along with dried blood. Fear and panic was all over his expression, and in his eyes, as he looked at Tony and Nat.

But he still seemed to loosen his shoulders as he realized that they weren't HYDRA workers. They looked nice. But the boy didn't take any chances. He was still shaking, trembling.

"Can you tell me your name?" Tony asked him. But he didn't answer. Tony swore under his breath and looked at Nat for help. She gave a sympathetic look before talking in the comms.

"Is it clear up there? Is everyone down?" She asked.

"Almost. What was behind that door?" Steve replied.

"You'll see once everything is cleared."

Tony turned back to the boy. "You're safe now, okay? We're not gonna hurt you. What's your name?" He said to him. But he kept quiet.

Was the kid deaf? Or mute?

"Did they hurt you?" He asked the boy. The boy looked at him with tears in his eyes before nodding slowly.

Okay, he's not deaf.

"They're not gonna lay a finger on you anymore, okay?" Tony said, while trying to unchain the boy from the wall. Once he got the chains off, he stood up and lent the boy a hand.

"Do you trust me?" He asked. The boy didn't answer, but he did place his hand in Tony's, allowing him to lift him up.

The boy had a limp and could barely stand on his own, so Tony wrapped his arm around his shoulder and put his arm around the boy, helping him walk.

"Cap? Is it all good up there?" Tony asked.

"Yeah, everyone's down." He said.

"Good. Bruce, you there?"

"Here." Bruce replied.

"Yeah, get the medical stuff ready. And a stretcher." Tony said as Nat walked to the other side of the boy. They both helped him walk across the room.

"Why? Who's hurt?" Clint asked.

"Did I accidentally catch someone with my hammer? Sorry about that." Thor boomed.

"No, Thor, you're good." Nat sighed. They eventually got to the bottom of the stairs and started making their way up them. With every step, the boy made a tiny wincing or groaning noise in pain. It broke both Nat and Tony's heart.

"Anyway, who's been hurt?" Steve asked.

"See for yourself." Tony answered. They soon got to the top of the stairs and made their way down the hallways of the HYDRA building. Bruce was already there with the stretcher and medical kit.

Steve, Clint, Thor and Bruce all widened their eyes at the boy in Nat and Tony's arms.

"Who is this boy?" Thor asked. Tony could tell that the boy was scared and overwhelmed at everything going on. So he just gave all the Avengers a look, which they somehow all understood because they all looked away and backed down.

Nat slowly let go of the boy and Tony carefully placed him on the stretcher. The boy winced and more tears escaped his eyes as he was placed down and lifted up. He was quickly carried to the Quinjet, where Bruce attended to all his wounds.