4

"Peter! Get down from there, you'll hurt yourself!"

"Sowwy mommy." The 6 year old boy was stood on the kitchen counter and Mary picked him up, setting him down on the floor.

"Were you trying to reach the cookies again?" Mary laughed as the boy looked at the ground in shame. She reached for the cookie jar and handed Peter one chocolate chip cookie.

"Here, but only one because dinner is going to be ready soon." She smiled at her son as he gratefully accepted it. The boy then ran into the living room where his father was watching the news.

"A joyous day was had, after Tony Stark won the Nobel Prize for the development of countermeasures for crop destruction. Not only that, but he also won an award for the development of vaccines for various diseases. A speech was given by the man himself, not long after-"

"Hey, buddy! Whatcha got there?" Peter's father asked as he turned down the news.

"A cookie!" The boy smiled as he plopped down next to Richard.

"You didn't steal that, did you?" Richard asked him.

"Nope! Mommy said I could have it." Peter replied, eating the last of the cookie.

As if on queue, Mary walked into the room.

"Alright boys, dinner is ready!" She smiled before looking at the tv.

"Wow, he won another award?" She said, impressed.

"Yeah, that's like the 4th one this year. In my opinion, he doesn't deserve them." Richard said, turning back to the tv.

"Oh come on, you're just being biased because of Oscorp." Mary laughed at her husband.

"Oscorp is way better than Stark Industries! And anyway, you're supposed to be on my side!" Richard laughed back. Peter had blocked out their fake arguing and stared at the news. A picture of Tony Stark was displayed on the screen.

Peter would never admit it out loud, because he didn't want to disappointed his father, but Tony Stark was his idol.

The boy stared at him in adoration. Maybe he would get to meet him one day.

---------------------------------------

Peter sat up in bed, tears in his eyes. He didn't remember much of his parents. The only memories he would have, were displayed in his dreams.

The thing he would always remember, however, was how much they loved him. And how much he loved them.

Peter was 6 when they died. That dream only took place about 3 months before.

In, and out. In, and out.

The boy caught his breath and looked at his surroundings. He almost forgot that he had been rescued from HYDRA, and was in one of Tony Freaking Stark's guest rooms.

It was only then that Peter noticed how much his ribs were hurting. He sat up in bed too quickly, so he slowly laid back down again. The nice doctor man told him not to move around too much.

* * * * *

Tony was still trying to dig up files on Peter. So far, he had discovered that his parents died in a plane crash when the boy was 6 and he was taken into the custody of May and Ben Parker, who was his Aunt and Uncle. He had already seen a file saying that Ben Parker had been killed during a mugging. Tony frowned at the screen.

He searched for files on May Parker, to see if she was still around the area.

His heart dropped.

"May Reilly Parker: Suicide."

May committed suicide 3 years after Peter was taken. Peter has no one.

Tony chewed his nails, a habit he had. He wondered if he should tell the boy or not.

No, of course he should. It's the right thing to do.

But it will only destroy him more.

He has to know.

But what if he never talks, ever again?

It's his Aunt. He has a right to know.

Tony soon came to the understanding that he would have to have a conversation with Peter in the morning. But right now, it was 11:50pm and he had some HYDRA digging to do.