25

Peter spent at least an hour talking to his father, catching up with him, before he decided it was time to go home.

Home. To his dad.

Peter felt so guilty. He didn't know what to do in this situation. He had 2 dad's, and one of them doesn't even know the other is alive.

He loved Tony. That man had done everything for him. Rescued him, fed him, clothed him, comforted him and supported him in every way he could. He made Peter speak again, and feel happy for the first time in a long time. He knew about Peter's powers and helped him adjust.

Then there was Richard. His biological father. The man who read him bedtime stories when he was growing up. The man who dropped him off on his first day of school. The man who helped him with his love for engineering. The man who knew everything about Peter, but also knew nothing. The man who loved him. But also the man who left him. The man who left him, even though he had a choice to come back. And Peter still loved him.

Peter knew he had to talk about this to someone. So once he got out of the elevator, he headed straight to Tony's lab.

He opened the glass door and stepped inside.

"Hey kid, how was decathlon?" Tony asked, not looking up from what he was working on.

"There was no decathlon. I lied." Peter said, almost immediately.

Tony looked up from his worktop, slowly put his screwdriver down and stared at Peter.

"What are you talking about?" He asked. Peter shifted around uncomfortably on his feet.

"Peter, what's going on?" Tony asked when the boy stayed silent. He stood up and walked over to him.

"U-Uh...the other day when I met up with Ned and MJ. I went to the cemetery before I saw them." Peter explained slowly. His heart was racing and he could feel his palms become sweaty. Tony was patient with him, so he stayed quiet and waited for the boy to finish.

"And someone else was there. At my- at my parents' graves." Peter said, staring at his feet. He couldn't get the words out. He started to think this was a bad idea. What if Tony though that Peter was going to replace him? That he would run away with his real dad?

"Who was there, Peter?" Tony asked when he realized that he needed help getting there.

"My...my dad...m-my biological one." Peter finally said, tears building up in his eyes. Tony's face dropped and he fell silent. Peter's guilt crept back up.

"He spoke to me and said he wanted to meet up with me today as well. I don't know why I didn't tell you. I was just really overwhelmed a-and none of it felt real." Peter explained quickly.

"Your...your dad? The one who died 8 years ago?" Tony asked, his heart also racing.

"Yeah...he's alive. And he explained everything to me." Peter said, and told Tony the whole story. From when he first saw him at the cemetery, right down to where he left him at the cafe.

By the end of it, Tony didn't know what to think. He didn't know how to process any of it.

If he was feeling like this after hearing all of that, he could only imagine what Peter must be feeling. That's the only thing he took from the situation.

Tony wrapped his arm around Peter's back and pulled him to his chest. He used his other hand to run his fingers through the boy's hair.

"How are you feeling?" Was all Tony asked. Peter hummed into his chest before answering.

"I don't know."

"That's okay." Tony said softly. "You should've told me, kid."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Tony said, deciding whether or not he should ask the question that was on his mind. "Can I...can I meet him?"

Peter stiffened slightly before pulling away. He sniffed and wiped away a stray tear that had fallen down his face.

"Well, yeah, but he kinda...hates you." Peter said with a small laugh.

"What?"

"Yeah, uh, he worked for Oscorp so y'know...that whole Stark Industries and Oscorp rivalry thing?"

"He worked for Oscorp?" Tony said with disgust before realization hit him. "He worked for the same place that gave you those spider powers?"

"Well...yeah."

"Does he know about any of that?"

"No. I haven't told him about my powers...or about you. I've just said that I've been adopted by someone." Peter said, fiddling with his jacket.

Tony sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I think I've got something that will brighten your mood." He said with a smile before turning around and rummaging through his tech. Peter watched him curiously.

Then Tony pulled out a suitcase.

"I was gonna give you this on your birthday, but it seems like you need it now. Here, unlatch it." He said as he placed it on the worktop. Peter stepped forward and slowly opened it. It suddenly started unlatching itself and Peter stepped back and watched with wide eyes as a suit appeared. But not just any suit, a spider suit.

"What...what is this?" Peter asked, eyes fixed on it.

"It's a suit. For you. When you're ready." Tony said, smiling. "How would you like to become the world's youngest Avenger?"

Peter whipped himself around so he was facing Tony, mouth agape.

"You're - are you serious?"

"Of course. But you're not officially an Avenger until you're 15. Like I said, I was gonna give this to you on your birthday."

Peter let out a surprised chuckle and turned back to the suit.

"Yeah, give that a look." He said as Peter traced the suit with his fingers. "Of course, you still need training. But we can do that easily, right? I can train you. So can Nat and Steve. Whoever you like really."

Peter turned back around and gave Tony a crushing hug.

"Thank you, dad." He said into the man's chest. The man smiled and hugged him back.

"Wanna go try it on?" He said and Peter pulled away.

"Do you even have to ask?"

------------------------------------

Later that night, Peter pulled out his phone and messaged his father.

Peter
My dad wants to meet you.

Richard
You mean your adoptive dad?

Peter rolled his eyes at the message. But he didn't blame him for saying that.

Peter
Yes. My adoptive dad wants to meet you.

Richard
So you told him about what happened? About me?

Peter
Yes. I told him everything. I had to.

Richard
Okay, I understand. You didn't tell anyone else, right?

Peter
No. But why would that matter?

Richard
I've kept my return under the radar. I don't want it getting back to HYDRA

Peter
Well I haven't. So can he meet you?

Richard
Sure, but can we meet up before? Just us two?

Peter
I guess but why?

Richard
I just want to spend more time with you before our relationship gets invaded by your adoptive dad.

Peter
He's amazing. And this may be hard for you to hear but I love him. So please try and be nice?

Richard
Fine. I'll try. How about Wednesday? Then you and I can see each other tomorrow.

Peter
Sounds good.