14

"Where have you been?" Mary asked Richard as he walked through the front door.

"Sorry, hun. Busy day at Oscorp." He said as he placed down his briefcase and gave his wife a kiss on the lips.

"Are you sure? Because-"

"Mary, seriously. Why would I ever lie to you?" Richard said as he made his way to the living room.

"It's just that...I saw you talking to that strange man this morning a-and- I don't know! I guess I just started overthinking..." Mary stuttered out as they sat down.

"What? Strange man?"

"Yeah...you signed something he handed to you and-"

"Those were Oscorp papers, sweetheart. It's a new project we're working on." Richard chuckled.

"Yeah...okay...I'm sorry, it's just that...that man looked really shady. I thought you were working with...those guys again." Mary sighed.

"Don't be ridiculous, Mary. I've told you a million times, those guys tricked us. I would never work with them again." The man said and kissed Mary's temple.

Peter watched them from the hallway with furrowed eyebrows. What were they talking about?

He was going to greet his father when he heard him come home but it looked like him and his mother were talking about something serious. So Peter shook his head and walked back to his room.

-------------------------------------

Peter blinked his eyes open. He took the covers off his head and stared at the ceiling in confusion. Out of all the dreams he had about his parents, that was by far the weirdest.

Usually when he had dreams like that, it was a message. But he was drawing a blank. He decided not to dwell on it and stood up from his bed instead.

He looked at the time, it was 5:30pm. He took a nap after him and Tony got back from the park.

He felt a lot better now. So he decided to find Tony, and of course, Peter checks the lab first.

He walks to his lab, and he was right. Tony was there. But so was Steve and Bucky. He knocked on the glass before walking in.

A flash of panic was shown on all of their faces. It looked like they were trying to hide something from Peter, and they were.

Peter walked further into the room and gave them a smile.

"Hey Pete, you feeling better?" Tony asked him as he attempted to slide the notebook out of eyesight.

Peter nodded and looked at Steve and Bucky before waving at them.

"Hey buddy." Steve said with a smile while Bucky waved back.

"Tony was just telling us...about your super powers! They must be pretty cool. Wanna show us?" Bucky said. Peter suddenly felt a wave of panic hit him and he looked at Tony for reassurance.

"It's okay, Peter. You can trust them." Tony said as if he could read the boy's mind. Peter nodded and turned back to Steve and Bucky.

The boy looked around him to find an empty spot on a wall. He finally found one and lifted his wrist up, shooting a web next to the window. He turned back to look at Bucky and Steve. They both had shocked expressions as they stared at the webbing.

"Holy shit." Bucky exclaimed

"Language." Steve muttered, still stuck in a shocked trance.

"So...when that spider bit you...you got it's abilities?!" Bucky said, ignoring Steve's comment. Peter nodded and smiled at their reactions. So did Tony.

"There's many other things he can do, but he'll show you another time." Tony said as he got up from his seat and walked over to Peter. "I assume you two want to go get yourselves some free beer. Might wanna head over there before midnight." The man said, which was code for 'you can leave now'.

Steve and Bucky understood. They nodded and began to walk out the lab.

"See ya Tony. You too Pete, take care of yourself." Steve said as they walked passed them. Bucky nodded in agreement and patted the boy's shoulder as they both walked out.

"Did got have a good nap? You were down for a while." Tony said as he moved away from Peter and made his way back over to his worktop.

Peter nodded and followed him, looking at the scraps on the table.

"I'm working on the thrusters for my new suit. They're a bit faulty so I'm just upgrading them a bit." Tony said as if he could read Peter's mind. The boy sat down and picked up some of the metal. He glanced at one of Tony's already made thruster and copied it. The man watched Peter with interest and confusion.

Peter finished what he was doing and showed Tony. The man widened his eyes in amazement as he looked at what he had made. It was a copy of what Tony had already done, but it was much more practical.

"Geez, kid. This is amazing." Tony said, sitting down next to Peter as he took the device out of his hand and inspected it. Peter smiled with pride.

"You have amazing engineering skills. Have you always been able to do stuff like this?" He asked. The boy nodded.

When Peter was younger, he wanted to be exactly like his father. From the ages of 5-6, he would help Richard with small and safe projects for Oscorp. Then, when he was under his Aunt and Uncle's care, they supported his love for building and engineering. They got him the supplies they could with the little money they had which was enough for Peter. But when his Uncle died, money became a bigger issue. So the boy resorted to dumpster diving. He was okay with it. As long as his Aunt didn't spend any money on him.

"Holy shit..." Tony whispered to himself as he looked at the device closer. It would be perfect for his thrusters. There wouldn't be any kick back and the power would shoot out a lot smoother.

Tony finally stopped staring at it and looked up at Peter with adoration. Peter stared back at him with the biggest smile on his face, causing one to grow on Tony's face too.