Chapter 1

Snow White

                     You may wonder why my parents named me Snow White when they could have named me a more beautiful name, such as Rosalina or Amelia. But let me assure you that aside from my name being unique, I love it very dearly, for my mother chose the name.

                    My parents, King Elric and Queen Jane have been happily married for years. The citizens have spoken much of their unconditional love for one another. When they found out my mother was pregnant, they were thrilled and excited. 

                   When my mother was halfway through her pregnancy, she and my father found out I was a girl. Excited, they try their best to come up with names that will suit me best. Even though they came up with many good names, they couldn't settle for one. They hope the perfect name will come soon.

                 Time soon passed, and anytime I could be born. One December night, my mother was sewing an embroidery. The snow was falling that evening, snowflakes fluttering down. She was enjoying the winter air for a bit. When my mother accidentally stabs her finger with the needle. Three drops of red blood had fallen into the snow before a maid had bandaged my mother's finger. 

              This may be wishful thinking, but I hope my daughter will have skin white as snow, hair as black as ebony, and lips red as the rose, my mother thought. 

             Later that night, my mother got into labor, and I was born. To my mother's delight, my appearance is precise as she wished. My father was worried because they hadn't settled a name yet. My mother looks out the window and loves it that when the sun is shining across the snow, the snow is glistening white. My mother smiled at my father, "Let's name her Snow White. For she is pure in our lives as the snow."

             My father looked out the window, seeing the beautiful sight of the winter morning. He understood why. "It's perfect. Our beautiful precious daughter, Snow White," he replied.

              As you can see, there's a beautiful meaning behind my name. My childhood was beautiful. Despite being rulers of the kingdom and busy, my parents always found time for me. Nothing's more precious than spending time with my parents and feeling their love for me.

             One day when I was eight years old, My parents decided to invite the neighboring kingdom's King Aldrich and his twelve-year-old son, Prince Richard. I did make good friends with the servants and townspeople. My parents are pleased, but they hope I will make friends with the royal families, so I won't be lonely when the time is for me to attend balls and such.

            When they arrived, my parents introduced me to Prince Richard. "Snow White, this is Prince Richard. Prince Richard, this is our daughter, Princess Snow White," said my father.

            "It's a pleasure to meet you," said Richard.

           "It's a pleasure to meet you too," I replied.

           "Snow White, why not show Richard around the castle," said my mother.

           "Alright, mother," I replied.

          I show Richard around the castle. I was curious about what he does for fun. "What do you do for fun?" I asked.

           "I read books and play the flute," he replied.

           A smile had come across my face. "Do you know many songs?" I asked.

          "A few."

           An idea had come across my mind, "Follow me," I said.

              I lead him to the kitchen, grab a napkin, put some apple tarts, and tie it up. Then we went into the music room. "What kind of flute did you play?" I asked.

            "This kind," said Richard, picking up the flute from the display of flutes.

            "Good. Take it with you," I said.

             "What are we going to do?" he asked.

              "You'll see," I replied.

             Finally, I took him to the royal gardens, and we went up to my favorite oak tree. I started to climb up. "You climb up trees?" he asked.

             "Yeah, doesn't anybody?" I said.

             He looks a bit dumbfounded. I finally climbed to a good spot and sat down on the branch. I looked down at him. "Well, aren't you going to climb up?"

             He gave me a real genuine smile. "Just give me a minute," he said and climbed up. 

            He went and sat down beside me. I opened up the napkin and handed him an apple tart. "Thanks," he said. 

           "Your welcome. Apples are my favorite fruit," I replied.

           They bite into the apple tarts, and Richard's eyes light up. "This is so good!"

           "I know, right?" I said.

            We finished our tarts, and I looked at him. "What songs can you play? I like to sing along."

            "You should know this one then," he said and started to play a popular children's song called 'Blooming Daisies.' The music was cheerful, and I sang the song. It is about Daisies blooming everywhere, spreading smiles to children with good laughter.

            Once we finished, we looked at each other and laughed. "Another one, please?" I asked.

            "Of course," Richard said, smiling and playing another song, and that is how our wonderful friendship began.