Chapter 4

Prince

                    I am sad about the Queen's parting. She was like a second mother to me, kind, loving, and thoughtful. But I know it's even harder for Snow White.

                  I visited her many times. I play my flute to her favorite songs, make apple recipes for her, and comfort her in my arms when she feels like it.

                I realized I had done all I could to help her, so now was the time for her to think and be alone. As I was on my way out of the castle, I bumped into a beautiful woman who looked to be in her early thirties. She wasn't as beautiful as Snow White, but she still was beautiful. She has platinum blonde hair and pale blue eyes. She dresses as a noblewoman should.

               "Pardon me. I didn't mean to run into you," I said.

               "Tis fine. I'm sure you have a lot on your mind. I should be the one to apologize, forgive me, your highness." she said and curtsy.

              "It is alright, I'm sure you need to be somewhere," I said.

"Yes, I do. Thank you and good day, your highness," said the woman, and she walked away.

              I was confused because I had never seen around here before. Perhaps she is a new noble and is seeing the king. Either way, I hope Snow White will smile again.

             The next few days, I kept visiting Snow White, and to my joy, she was getting better and moving on. "I am so sorry for worrying you, Richard," she said.

            "It's alright. It's understanding. You need time to heal and move on. Your mother will forever be here," I said as I placed my hand on her heart.

             She smiled at me with tears in her eyes. "Thank you, Richard," she said. She wrapped her arms around me and kissed me.

            "Anytime," I replied, and I kissed her back.

            "Did I miss anything while I was moving on?" she asked.

            "Well, there's a new noblewoman who has been coming to the castle these last few days," I said.

            "A new noblewoman? Who is she?" she asked.

            "I don't know. I was too concerned about you to figure out who she is," I replied.

             "Aw, Richard," she said as she blushed.

              I smiled, she is so cute when she blushes. "I would like to see and meet her. Do you know when is last time you saw her?" she asked.

           "I think it is when, she was down in the east corridor," I said.

           "Let's go and see if we can find her there," said Snow White.

            We went over into the east corridor. We then asked for directions for where could she be to one of the guards.

               "Oh, Lady Cassandra? She went down to visit his majesty in the study room. " the guard replied. 

               We both look at each other then at the guard. "You know her?" I asked.

               "You didn't know about her? She has been visited his majesty since a month ago, " said the guard.

               "What is she doing here and how it came to be this way?" asked Snow White.

               "Well, she became good friends with his majesty, ever since she started visit him. She send him letters to comfort him of your mother's passing, it's best if you talk to him, you're highness," explained the guard.

               Me and Snow White look at each other and went to the corridor that leads to her Father's study. 

              We went up to her father's study and knocked. "Come in," we heard the King said.

              We enter to see Snow White's father and the woman next to him. "Ah, Snow White! Richard! " said the King. He got up and hugged me and Snow White. "I would like you both to meet, Lady Cassandra."

            She gave us a small smile and curtsy. "It is a pleasure to meet you," she replied.

            "What brings you here today, Lady Cassandra?" I asked.

            "I am here because of since my husband had passed away. . ." she breath in and out and we could see tears glisten in her eyes. "I'm sorry, " she said as she dabbed her tears with her handkerchief.

             "No, it's alright. I'm sorry about your husband's death," said Snow White.

             "Thank you," she said and clear her throat. "Anyway, I had to take over his position and come to do errands stating some situations with his majesty."

              "Oh, if you need any more help, I be willing to help," said Snow White.

               "Thank you your highness and congratulations on you and Prince Richard's engagement," she said.

                "Thank you," said Snow White.

               "We appreciate your congrats, " I said.

               "We shall leave to finish your business, " said Snow White.

                "Thank you and it is a pleasure meeting you, your highness." said Lady Cassandra.

                "Thank you, to you as well, Lady Cassandra," said Snow White and we left.

               "Kind of your father to help her, " I said as we walked down the hallway. 

               "Yes, it must be so hard to lose your husband and had to take his place and taking responsibility." Snow White said.

               "Don't worry, Snow White, she will be alright now and . . ." I stopped and she looks into my eyes. She seems to understand what I wanted to say. She wraps her arms around me and gave me a soft kiss.

                "Thank you, Richard, for always being there for me," she said.

                 "You are welcome, my love, " I said and we continue down the hall, hand in hand.