Chapter Ten: The Aftermath

14th July 1879

"Doctor please just tell us is she dead" Christine screams the doctor checks her pulse once more and his face lit up "no she has a pulse but its very slow you have to keep an eye on her and check her pulse every 30 minuets im sorry but its touch and go if she will make it through the night, this is all i can do" he replied and with that he left us all to just look at meg we had no clue what to do.

15th July 1879

Meg had a twist of fate and her pulse started to get stronger and soon she woke up. "i know this is going to be difficult meg but we need to know what happend" Erik asked kneeling down to her level "well" she started "i was getting my costume when i felt a rag over my mouth and the next thing i know im tied to a bed and he walks in drunk and he...he" she starts to sob "he raped me" she cried Coleman came down to her level and hugged her tight "oh my god meg who did this to you" Christine asked but meg was to shooken up "Raoul" Erik tried whisper but everyone heard, evryone gasped well except from Coleman and Sophia "Raoul hes here Erik what are we to do" christine aked holding onto her stomch and pulling Sophia close to her.
"Don't worry my angel" Erik said. At that moment the police was at the door Coleman and Erik took then to there office while Christine and Sophia went to bed Christine told Sophia that she is to sleep in her parents bed for safety.
The next day camas and there was still no sign if Raoul which meant that he was out of their lives for now and they all tried to carry on with their lives.
21st July 1879
A week has passed and Meg slowly returns to her normal self, she is soon allowed back to work but Coleman doesn't leave her side, Raoul still hasn't been caught yet but haven't bothered anyone so far. Phantasma is a a growing success and the crowd loves Sophia as Erik already knew soon Meg will be giving her first performance and then the masquerade ball will be held tomorrow evening.
CHRISTINES POV:
21st July 1879
I wake up to the sound of children laughing and the thought of our unborn will soon be running around and laughing puts a smile in my face. I turn my head round to see Erik missing at first I was confused but then I noticed a note on my night stand. It reads:
My dear Angel I had to do the early shift today as Coleman is still looking after Meg. Breakfast is already made for you and Sophia don't over work yourself today. I love you, Always yours Erik.
He really needs to stop worrying I'll be fine. I eventually get out of bed and put my night gown on walked towards Sophia room to wake her up we eventually went to the dinning area to see breakfast on the table. We sit down enjoying our food until a knock at the door interrupts the nice quiet I get up to see who it was and Meg and Coleman was there Meg looked like herself again which was relieving "come in hurry up we have rehearsals and I want to be on time" Meg squeals "alright, alright we're coming, just let us get dressed first" I laugh and then Sophia and I got dressed and head towards rehearsals.
Meg was amazing she has improved a lot. I looked over at Coleman to see his eyes are on her I can tell he really loves her even though they have only known each other for 3 months I can tell they both adore each other. I'm glad meg deserves all the happiness in the world. Next was Sophia's turn to rehearse and which she was sublime. After rehearsals we all got to rest for the day so Meg and I thought we can go in a double date which both men reluctantly agreed to so Madame Giry agreed to look after Sophia.
We ended up at a Italian restaurant and got pizza we went on about tomorrow night and how excited I am to hear Meg sing, after the date was finished was finished we went our separate ways I have noticed that Meg sleeps around Colemans a lot and I start to wonder if they have done 'it' and Erik thinks the same thing "do you think they have done well you know 'it" he asks "no course not Meg isn't like that she's a sensible girl" I gasped but since the whole Raoul thing they have been inseparable.
22nd July 1879
The day of Meg and Sophia's performance and the masquerade ball has arrived meg starts to notice Coleman is acting distant with her. She begins to worry that he had second thoughts about their relationship.
MEGS POV:
I woke up to see Coleman isn't next to me he left early which is unusual as he isn't a morning person since the whole Raoul thing we haven't left each other's side I'm starting to think maybe he doesn't want to be with me anymore. Just at that he comes skipping through the door which makes me giggle "oh sorry flower I didn't mean to wake you" he says out of breath "oh you didn't" I replied I got out of bed to go home in my dressing gown when Coleman stops me and says "you know, you always stay over night with me and it isn't fair on your mother to keep barging in every morning so I thought why don't you move in with me" "what Coleman we aren't even married let alone engaged" I said alarmed "yes but we sleep in the same bed and" he starts drifting of "it's not like we haven't done 'it'" I started to blush when I remembered that night two weeks before Raoul kidnapped me.
-flashback starts-
22nd June
Meg and Coleman have just finished their date they both are a bit drunk so Meg decided to crash in colemans couch as they approached his front door he spooned Meg round and started kissing her passionately and she kissed back he pinned her up against the wall and picked her up she wrapped her legs around his waist and he opened his door and carried Meg to his bedroom, he layer her down on his bed and they started to undress with only his undergarments and her slip on they started to kiss again and Coleman notices Meg was nervous so he broke the kiss and said "you don't have to if your not ready" without a second to spare Meg whispered in his ear "I want you to love me all night" so he proceeded to undress himself and then he pulled her slip over her head and they begun. Meg arched her back with the pain becoming intense but doesn't tell Coleman to stop she is happy that her and Coleman are now at one with each other.
-flashback ends-
"Erm okay then" I replied I can't believe I'm moving in with him. "Great" he exclaimed with that I got home had breakfast and went to get changed.
Meg got to the opera house to find Christine and her mother already there waiting for her Sophia was in the wings with her friends, it's 11:10 am and megs and Sophia's performance is at 7 pm and the masquerade ball is at 8 pm and finished at midnight.
CHRISTINES POV:
"I really hope meg is being sensible" Ainoinette says "oh come on this is Meg she isn't like that" I assured her but I'm think the same. Then Meg comes bouncing in "Christine, mother I have some news" she says with her eyes gleaming "what is it" I asked "I'm moving in with Coleman" she carries on Ainoinette and I look at each other shocked. "Are you sure this is the right thing darling" Ainoinette asked "oh mother we love each other of course it's the right thing please understand" she pleaded "oh I do sweetheart I just hope you will be looked after" she replies " oh I think Coleman can look after Meg he is strong and quite intimidating when he wants to be" I replied.
I can't believe Meg and Coleman are moving in with each other I wonder if Coleman is going to ask her to marry him.

It's now 6:30 pm and Sophia has just gone on stage and was beautiful and it was now Megs turn she was in her dressing room getting her makeup ready when there was a knock at the door it was Erik "hello Meg I just want to say good luck you are ready for this you will be amazing" "thank you Erik I hope I will but I will never be as good as Christine" she replied Erik just nodded in agreement as he knew that it was true. She eventually got on stage and started to sing think of me Christine and Erik told her she could sing it as a present which meg was pleased about.
After the performance was the masquerade ball Sophia wore a long purple and pink puffy out dress (like the star princess dress christine wore at the opera populiare) Meg wore an ivy white flowey gown and Christine wore a suttee yellow gown which was very beautiful Madame Giry wore her same clothes just a black dress. Everyone was there well except from Coleman "were is Coleman he was meant to be my partner" Meg thought to herself she start to think something bad has happend "Raoul" she said under her breath and went to tell Erik about what she thinks meanwhile Coleman is getting ready at home he has a. Wry important question to ask meg but and doesn't want her to see him until he arrives, which is fashionably late but of course Erik knows about his plans and keeps meg inside.