21st part

"What do you think you are doing?!" The prince yelled, angry, mad, infuriated! He had been woken up that morning by a loud ruckus sounding from outside his bedroom window. The prince had instantly gotten up to see what the issue was, and the scene that met him, was by no means what he had expected. In front of him, the castle guards were dragging Namjoon forcibly by arm, while the servant tried to force his body out of their grip, yet unfortunately being unable to. Overpowered by the great strength of the royal guards. There was already gathered a small crowd of spectators from the castle, including both princesses from the other kingdom as well as multiple royal guards.

"What is going on?" He demanded from them. His tone sounding much more of a man in authority than his usual calm demeanor.

"Prince Jimin-ssi, calm down, please." Eunae said, walking over to him and placing a hand on the man's chest, there was genuine worry in her tone, as well as a mild confusion. She too was probably unaware of what was happening. Both she, her younger sister, as well multiple other members of her entourage were already watching the scene as it unfolded. They too had probably been awakened by the ruckus.

"He," she stopped herself, looking unsurly towards her sister, who nodded her head back, a determined look on her face. "He has been charged with treason. Sorcery. You-you.... He was just using you, your highness." Jimin felt his blood boil hotly in his veins. Bubbling through his frame like an angry fire. First her sister and now her? What were they trying to achieve? He understood their insecurity around their past, but that wasn't Namjoon! How dare they, anyone, say that Namjoon was a sorcerer? That he was fooling him? Not only was that an insult to the servant, but it was also an insult to the prince himself. He was not just anyone and would not be ridiculed by such foolish statements. Jimin felt his fist clench and nostrils flare in anger. He was tired of this, all the claims, all the unanswered ifs that hung in the air like hidden poison. Waiting for the time when someone was weakened before it would strike and kill, leaving the remains as useless and empty shells. What proof did they have of their demands?

"I refuse to believe such atrocious claims." He spat, staring daggers at the young princess who was still holding onto him gently, her eyes shifting between the prince and her sister who was standing on the grass field next to the guards that were holding Namjoon, an almost mocking grin spread on her lips.

"My lord, please." Eunae whispered, eyes not meeting his own. "They found this under your pillow, your majesty." She told him, pulling out a small cotton bag from her sleeve. "Your own men have inspected it. It contains magical herbs." Jimin grabbed the small bag, untangling himself limply from the princess's hold. She didn't resist, understood his desire to be freed of her grip.

The bag was shut close with a thin crocheted thread. When the price opened it, an overwhelmingly strong scent poured out from it. It had been possible to smell it slightly when the bag was shut as well, but it all seemed to unleash as he pulled it open.

"This was underneath my pillow?" He asked quietly, hesitantly. "Yes, my lord." Eunae replied back just as silently, eyes on the ground and her hand playing with the hem of her dress sleeve. "The man who inspected them said that they contain very powerful magic. Ancient, but strong love magic." She was silent for a little while before she added: "Dangerous." This time her eyes met those of the prince, and the utter fear within them felt like a stab to the chest.

The prince looked over at the servant, the other man was in tears, still trying his best to get out of the guards' grips. Too far away to hear what the princess was saying. Jimin wondered if he knew. If what she spewed really was true. If that indeed was the case, then the other would know exactly what it was that they were talking about. The thought of that, of intentional treason from one of his most beloved men, hurt more than any of the claims the princess had made.