9th part

The prince ran to the throne room hurriedly. His father had already called him twice and he didn't dare stay for the third time his name would roam the empty castle halls.

"Ah there you are son." The king told, his frown turning into a slight smile at the appearance of his son. "So.." The king started as he shifted his seat on the throne. "Have you decided?" He continued, his darkened eyes stared into his son's equal ones. The seriousness of the question was stated by the tense atmosphere that a filled the throne room.

Jimin felt obliged to answer the king's question, not only because he was in fact the king, but also because it was his father, a man whom he should show respect. The prince had told himself this, but he was still unable to answer the question that had been asked. The reason why he didn't answer, was because he did not understand the context of the question.

"Decided what my lord?" He asked. The words made the king's smile wither and a deep sigh escaped his lips. "You really don't remember?" He asked and pinched the bridge of his nose, not afraid even for a moment to show his son his disappointment. "Have you decided which one of the girls you want to marry?" This time the king was straight forward, he didn't have the time to beat around the bush and let his son try to remember it by himself. The prince had to get married as soon as possible.

"No father, I have not." The prince told, he did not for a moment hesitate even after his father's angry tone. When the king was about to speak up again Jimin raised a hand, and spoke first. "I have come to a conclusion though father." He let his raised hand fall down next to him. Raising your hand to the king was rude, it was in some cases even considered illegal, but in this heated conversation the king had allowed it. He had understood the importance of his son's opinion in the matter.

"I have come the conclusion that I do not want to get married. I am sorry father. The girls are beautiful, they really are, but I do not feel attracted to them." The prince went silent as he sat down on the throne next to his father's. "I still remember the story you used to tell me when I was a child." Jimin chuckled slightly and put his hand on top of the bigger and more wrinkly hand rested on the armrest next to him. The king met his son's eyes, and with those unsaid words of approval the prince continued. "The story of what you felt when you met my mother. You said that she was the most beautiful woman you had ever seen. You told me about the way your body heated up, and your heart beat sped up. How you could never stop thinking about her. I want that kind of love too father. I want to feel love with my entire being."

When the prince had finished his story, he felt his father's hand tense underneath his own. "I was foolish to follow my heart." The royal muttered quietly. "You see how that turned out didn't you!?" The king rose from his throne. Anger was displayed on his face as always. "She is dead Jimin! If she had lived and given me more children, then this wouldn't be a problem, but she didn't! That is why you have to marry, and I will personally choose your bride!" The king yelled. Mentions of the queen always hit a nerve, the prince had just hoped it would be a different one.

__

Namjoon looked around in the big room. The prince's bedroom. He hadn't had the time to appreciate it earlier. It had big windows, each one of them had a hand embroidered silk curtain with different colored roses on it. There was no doubting that it looked like a royal quarter. Everything from the tiled floor to the mahogany drawers in the desk looked more than fitting for a castle. Namjoon though did not belong in this room, it was something of high class and something that had an importance, Namjoon was the prince's servant who could be replaced with an order from the king. An order he already had been really close to hearing. He hadn't been in his position long, but if it wasn't for the kindhearted prince he would've already lost it, in fact he wouldn't have gotten at all, instead he would be rotting in a dungeon.
He was grateful that he had met the prince.