Chapter 19: Golf Ball

Chapter 19

"Travis... I'm sorry," she whispered.

"It's okay." I carressed her back and looked around.

Nang makita kong wala ng tao ay dinala ko na siya ulit sa loob. We headed to my room so she could calm down. I handed her a glass of water because I know it would help. Ikinuha ko na rin siya ng tissue dahil dakilang iyakin talaga ito.

"Thank you." Nilagok nito ang laman ng baso hanggang sa mangalahati iyon.

"Tahan na..." Inabot ko sa kaniya ang box.

"Galit ka ba?" Her lips were shaking.

I sat on the bed beside her and carressed her face gently. I pulled out a tissue from the box and dried her tears.

"I was. Of course, you live sell my clothes. But we can't do anything about it na. So let just all move on." I sighed and pulled her closer for a hug.

She keep on saying sorry. I just rubbed her back until she calm down. We talked about what she did. I want her to realize that what she did is wrong. She promised that she won't do it again. We stayed in my room and played on my computer.

"Finally, you're here." Inabutan kaagad ako nito ng basong may alak.

I sat on the circular couch in beside Mikaella, who was sitting beside my little sister. Nilagok ko ang laman ng baso. Gumuhit ang pait at anghang niyon sa aking lalamunan. We're at the bar na pagmamay-ari ni Hashiro. He invited us here together with his friends and acquaintance to celebrate his birthday.

"Don't drink too much," I reminded Mikaella.

Ipinagpaalam ko siya kila Tita para rito. If something bad happened to her ako ang malalagot. The music was so loud and everyone in the dance floor below us were dancing wild. Hindi ko gusto ang ganitong lugar pero pumunta ako para may kasama iyong dalawa.

"Happy Birthday, big bro. Maya na lang iyong gift mo ah."

"Sure. Road trip tayo mamaya. You want?"

"Of course." She took her shot.

We were seven in the table together with his three friends. They were his classmates in college. For the passed years, we learned to accept each other's as brothers. Tama si mom... mas magandang magkasundo kami kaysa magkaaway.

"Kuya, sayaw lang kami sa baba."

"Geh lang." Pinakot ko ang basong hawak ko upang mahalo ang alak at yelo.

Hinatak na ni Hope ang kamay ni Mikaella at excited ang dalawang umalis sa table namin. Bumaba na rin iyong dalawang babaeng collegiate ni Hash para maki-party sa baba. Nagpunta naman sa banyo iyong lalake.

"How's Tita Namirah?"

"She's good. How about your mom?"

"Our mom," he corrected. "Aren't you going to visit her?"

"For what? As if she want to see me."

"Are you mad? Do you hate her?"

"I don't hate her. It just like... hindi lang ako sanay na kasama siya. I didn't grow up with her. Medyo awkward na kapag nagkasama kami." Nilagok ko ang laman ng baso.

"Well, kahit nga ako na anak hindi siya halos mapakisamahan." He looked around. "Gusto mo hanap kita ng girlfriend?"

"I don't do girlfriend."

"How about girls? Katuwaan lang. One night stand you want?"

"I'm not interested." I leaned on my back with my arms on the top of backrest.