Chapter 12: It's a Matter of Trust

Princess Celestia breathed a sigh of what seemed like releif, but also contained frustraition, distrust, and agrivation. "Majesty, I'm just not sure about this. Do you really beleive that they can help us?" "Mother, how many times have we been over this? I Pinkie Pie Promise, they're the most loyal, honest, trustworthy ponies you could ever know! Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!" Majesty assured, making an 'x' motion over her chest and placing a hoof over her eye. "Did someone say Pinkie Pie Promise?" Out of nowhere a pink blur bolted through the throne room doors, headed straight for Majesty's throne. "Aaaaaaugh!!!" Majesty shreiked shooting out of her throne and up to the throne room celing, barley escaping the party pony's death hug. "PINKIE PIE!" Majesty snapped, slowly fluttering back down to her throne. "Don't ever do that again! You almost gave me a heart attack! " "That's silly! Ponies can't have heart attacks! " Pinkie bubbled, bouncing around the throne room. "Part human remember? " Majesty reminded, tapping her head. "But that shouldn't have anything to do with your pony self!" "Oh, Pinkie- You know what, I'm not even going to try to explain it." "Yeah, I wouldn't either." Applejack agreed, entering the throne room with Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash. "Pinkie, I think you need to cut down on the triple chocolate marzapan masterpiece." Rainbow Dash smirked. "WHAT?! But Dashie! I can't do that! It gives me extra bounce in my bounce and poof in my mane! I have even more energy to throw extra parties every week!" Pinkie rambled. "That's the problem." Dash facehoofed. "Ok then!" Majesty chuckled. "Wait, where's Father? And Sunset and Cadence?" "Right here my darling daughter! " Discord appeared, kissing Majesty on the forehead and giving Celestia a peck as well. Fluttershy smiled, glad that Discord had found a family to love and care for. "Sorry we're late!" Cadence hurried in, Sunset hot on her tail. "It's fine, you're not late at all!" Majesty waved them off. "Well, in that case, Ink Rose requested to speak with you privately." Sunset added, and trotted over to Twilight. "She did, did she? Well, I'm afraid it will have to wait a little while." Majesty replied, glancing at her mother, hoping for a nod of approval. "Yes, it will." Princess Celestia agreed. Majestey breathed a sigh of relief, not realizing she had been holding her breath. "So now that we're all here, let's begin!" Princess Luna insisted. "Wait, um, Princess Celestia?" Twilight interrupted quickly. "Yes, Twilight?" "Well, um, we were wondering-" Twilight didn't even get a sentence in before she was interrupted. "Can we take the elements back from the Tree of Harmony?" Rainbow Dash blurted out. Celestia, Luna, and Majesty stared at Rainbow Dash. "I'm sorry, I think I had something in my ear. Could you repeat that?" Majesty asked, becoming anxious and hoping she had heard wrong. "We want the elements back!" Rainbow said simply, as if it wasn't the craziest thing in the world. "Y-You've got to be joking!" Majesty stuttered. "Why? What's the big deal?" Rainbow asked, looking confused and almost hurt. "We cannot simply just take the elements back from the Tree of Harmony. They still have not restored the Tree to its full power." "Oh great." Rainbow Dash grumbled. "How long's that gonna take?" "Well, the tree has only had the elements for seven months, and to be fully restored, the elements must be conected to the tree for a full year."Majesty explained, still a bit shaken from the ridiculous thought. "Not cool. How are we supposed to get rid of Lethal, Chrysalis, and the changling army then?" Rainbow Dash complained. "Rainbow Dash, why do you think I brought all those new ponies here?" Majesty smirked as the realization sank in. "But we haven't even met these ponies yet! How can you be sure that they're going to be the ones that are going to save Equestria?" "Rainbow, out of all the ponies in this room, who do you trust the most?" Majesty tested Rainbow with her eyes. "I-I... well....I mean....you and Princess Celestia I guess." "Then please, trust and beleive me when I say that I know these ponies are going to save us. You don't know them like I do, Dash. None of you do. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a request from friend that I need to deal with." And with that, Majesty rose from her throne and marched out of the throne room.