Chapter 13: Not Just a Dream

Ink Rose paced back and forth on the balcony, pausing every few minutes to mutter something to herself. "Hey, Ink!" Kim called, trotting over to her. "You ok?" "Oh, yeah, I'm fine! Great!" Ink replied, a wild look in her eyes. "No, of course I'm not ok!!!" She shouted. Ink dropped her head and sat down. "No, KP." Ink whispered. "I'm not ok. I have no idea what's going on. I-I'm scared." Ink admitted defeatedly. "Why?" Ink looked up. Majesty stood by the balcony's entrance, watching her with soft, warm, and caring eyes. "Why? WHY???!!!" Ink growled, and lunged at the princess in anger. At the last second Kim tackled her, while both she and Ink Rose were enveloped in a shimmering silver aura. Majesty was not amused. "You said you wanted to talk. I'm here, so let's talk. Unless you'd rather have me send you home." Majesty taunted, a smirk on her face. Ink quickly refrained from her anger. "You can do that?!" Ink asked excitedly. "I can, but I won't. "Majesty replied solemnly. The excited smile dissapeared from Ink's face. Majesty set both Ink and Kim down, the silver aura fading from her horn and the two pegasi. "Actually, you're at home right now." "Huh?" Ink Rose cocked her head to the side with confusion in her eyes. "Oh, uh...I'll explain later. You requested a private conversation? " Majesty asked, frantically shoving Ink Rose into the hall. "We'll be back in a little bit." Majesty assured Kim, and quickly shut the door. "Ok, what was all that about?" Ink Rose accused Majesty. "Shhh! Follow me." Majesty whispered to Ink, and trotted down the hall. Ink groaned in agrivation and trotted after the Princess. "So, are you going to tell me what's going on or not?" Ink asked, annoyed. "Be patient! There's one other pony that needs to hear what I'm going to tell you." Majesty replied and knocked on a large, red door. She peeked in and quickly spotted the stallion she was looking for. "Firebrand! Hey, Firebrand!" she hissed, motioning for him to come with her and Ink. Firebrand slipped through the door, quietly wheeling the scooter with him. Majesty shut the door and examined the metal scooter. "Ugh, honestly Father," she mumbled to herself. "You had one job." Majesty shook her head and her horn began to glow a shimmering silver. In an instant, the scooter was gone and Firebrand's hoof was now able to support him. "How did you-" Majesty rolled her eyes and tapped her horn. "Oh, right. I keep forgetting we're in a magical world with talking ponies. Honestly though, it still feels like a dream." "Well... how do you know it's not?" Majesty asked with a sparkle in her eyes. "What do you mean?" Firebrand and Ink looked at Majesty expectantly. "I can't tell you here. Follow me." And once again, Majesty was halfway down the hall before either pony could blink. Firebrand stood there in astonishment, and looked at Ink. "She's a weird one" Ink rolled her eyes and smiled at Firebrand. "Yup. Come on." Ink and Firebrand raced after Majesty and found themselves at the top of the Canterlot castle, on a balcony that overlooked all of Equestria. Both Ink and Firebrand skidded to a stop at the stunning sight of the veiw. "Whoa. This is even better then our room." Ink breathed. Majesty laughed. "I hoped you'd say that. This is the best place to watch Mother's sunsets." "Ok, so, that's one thing," Ink snapped out of her daydream. "How are you Celestia's daughter?" "Oh, it's quite simple, actually." Firebrand began. "It was because of a spell. Discord is Majesty's father, and I think it had something to do with Celestia's destiny." Firebrand explained to Ink Rose. "Right?" He asked, turning to Majesty. "Well, at least Father did one thing right." Majesty joked. "But yes, you are correct, Firebrand. Actually, it wasn't necessarily because of a spell. It just kind of...happened." "OK, so, what about with Kim? What happened there?" Majesty sighed. "Ok, ok. I'll tell you." Majesty took a deep breath. "You're in a dream." "What?" Ink and Firebrand shouted in unison. "No, wait. Please, let me explain." Majesty pleaded. "You have five minutes, then I'm waking up." Ink huffed. "Yeah, the thing is, it doesn't work like that." Majesty admitted. "Your human body is in your bed at home, ok? And as soon as you fell asleep, I brought you here. The thing is, what ever happens to you here, happens to your human body. For example, if you get splashed with water here, your human body will get wet while you're asleep. If you get a cut or hurt your self, you will end up with a cut or scar on your human body. But of course," Majesty continued, her horn glowing. "I can help with that." All of the sudden there was a booming sound and a flash of light. All three ponies were knocked off their hooves and crashed into the balcony's railing. Majesty quickly recovered, jumped to her hooves and rushed over to the two ponies, who were both barley conscious. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Are you two ok?" Majesty cried, helping Ink and Firebrand up. "What happened?" A dizzy Ink Rose asked. "I, uh, I still don't have full control of my magic yet." Majesty admitted. "Every now and then I have these power surges that come out of no where. I hate when it happens because I always end up hurtimg someone. Like just now." Majesty sighed. "Oh. Well, that didn't affect our human selves just now, did it?" Ink asked, the spinning of her head gone. "No. And another thing you don't have to worry about is your parents. Time stops whenever you're in a dream realm." "Dream realm? Seriously?" Firebrand scoffed. "Hey, I didn't come up with it!" Majesty protested. "You obviously don't get enough Luna." Majesty muttered to herself. "What was that?" Firebrand mused. "Oh, nothing.  It's complicated. That's it for tonight! I'll let the others know all this information in the morning. Do you two know the way back to your rooms? I'm going to stay out her for a little while." "I think we'll be ok." Ink assured. "Alright. Good night you two. Sweet dreams." "Princess?" Ink asked before heading back to her room. Majesty glanced back at Ink Rose in question. "Thanks." Majesty smiled warmly. "You're quite welcome." Ink smiled back and headed down the hall.

________________________________________________________

Author's note: Hey everyone. Just want to say thanks to everyone who has read and voted. Also, this will be the only authors note in this story because I feel like no one will read the author notes or that they will bother people. From now on, any author's notesnwill be in the comments or on my home page. Also, feed back and criticism is appreciated. I'd like to know what my readers want and if they are enjoying my content. Thank you for your support!

(Also, I'm just realizing I should have named Celestia's daughter 'Destiny'....oh well, too late now ;)