Chapter 9: Girl's Night In

"Wait, what about Mage?" Ink Rose asked, as she frantically trotted to catch up to Twilight, Cadance, and the rest of the group of mares. Twilight glanced at her and thought for a moment. "I'll cast a location spell and see if I can find her." Ink sighed in releif. "But I need something that could tell me where she is. A hoofprint perhaps, or a strand of her mane." "Ugh!" Ink groaned, sounding upset and agrivated. "This is why I hate the 'We can solve everything with a spell!' plothole! It never solves the situation!" Eliyora glanced back at Ink and Twilight. "I know the feeling." She agreed, contining to follow the group. "Excuse me?" Twilight stared at Ink Rose, baffled. "Huh? Oh, nothing.  It's just.....what if Mage can't overthrow Lethal this time? If she's come back and joined forces with Chrysalis already, then who knows what could happen?" Ink blinked away her tears of fear. "I can't bare to lose her or any of my friends again." Twi looked at Ink with sympathetic eyes and a sad smile. "Hey now. Don't think like that. The magic of friendship, remeber?" Ink rolled her eyes. "You don't get it Twi! It doesn't work like that in our world!" Ink cried. She dropped her head in defeat. "You just don't understand. Why did I expect anything different?  Your life is perfect." Ink whispered,  partially to herself, but loud enough for Twilight to hear her. "Whoa, hang on!" Twi exclaimed, holding out a wing in front of Ink Rose to stop her. "My life is not  perfect. What would give you that idea?" Once again, Ink rolled her eyes and gave an exasparated sigh, just as several loud gasps came from her friends. "Wow!" Poetess exclaimed. Kim let out a low whistle. "Daaanm!" Heartsong squealed. In front of them was an enormous room, decorated in all kinds of crystals and colors. A pure diamond chandelier hung from the celing, making the starry sky glitter and shine, casting miniature rainbows onto the sky blue walls and plush carpeted floor. There was a bronze railed set of curved steps leading up to a second floor balcony that held about twenty twin sized canopy beds. Each bed had velvety red comforters with golden thread lining the blankets. On each bed were the same pillows that had the ponies' cutie marks on them. On the first floor of the suite was a kitchen with a gorgeous blue and brown tile design on the wall, lightly browned cabinets stocked with snacks and drinks, and several sofas and chairs scattered around the room. A large window revealed a balcony looking over the capitol of Equestria and leaving a clear veiw of Luna's night. "Sweet Celestia!" Eliyora gushed. Cadence chuckled and grinned at them. "You girls wouldn't have a broblem sharing a room, would you?" "No!" They all exclaimed in unison. Ink was momentarily distracted by the extravagance of the room. "Whoa..." she breathed, taking in every detail of the delicately put together room. "Yeah. You deserve the best! You'll be the ones to save us this time." Twilight elbowed Ink just above her injured wing. Ink winced and let out a pained squeak. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" "Ah-I-it's fine." Ink stuttered, letting her wing droop, so that it dragged along the ground. "Wait one sec." Twi grinned at Ink, and trotted up to Cadence and whispered quietly into her ear. Cadence grinned as well and closed her eyes. Her horn began to glow a shimmering blue.  The suite was engulfed in the blue light. Ink felt a coolness on her left wing, and blinked the blurry spots from her eyes. "What just happened? " Sweetie Bloom asked,  dazed by the flash of light. "KP! Catch!" Twilight shouted, picking up an apple from the table of snacks with her magic and chucking it towards her. Kim lept up, spreading both now healed wings and flapping them as fast as she could to catch the apple. "That's what happened. " Twilight announced, smiling proudly.  "Guess some spells aren't so bad, huh?" She smirked at Ink and Eliyora, who used her now unbandadged horn to pick up the apple Kim had missed and placed it back on the counter. Ink Rose rolled her eyes once again and folded her wings to her sides. "Ok, ok, Miss Magic Pants." She smirked, using one of the nicknames Rainbow Dash had given the egghead princess. "But answer me this. Why couldn't you have done that earlier when we were all in one room together? And what was the deal with that tiny room we woke up in?" Twilight suddenly looked uncomfortable and shifted her eyes towards Cadence. "Well, you know we've never had anything this severe happen before in Equestria." "The Canterlot wedding." Kim interupted. Candence continued,  completely ignoring Kim and how she could know such a thing. "No pony has ever been this severely injured, so we never had much of a need for a medical staff in the castle. And as for the wedding, " she said, glaring at Kim. "No pony was physically hurt. " "Well, its just kind of awkward waking up in the same bed  your best friend." Kim grumbled. "Best friend or boyfriend? " Sweetie Bloom snickered,  nudging her and winking. "Shut up Sweetie." Kim hissed. "Well, it looks like you all are settled, so I'm gonna go now. We'll see you in the morning. " Twilight waved and in a flash, was gone.