PROMISE

7 MONTHS PRIOR

"Have you lost your fucking mind?" The king stood up as his wife held his hand to try and control the situation. "I think so father yes", the prince said smiling. The king walked over to his son, "If you want to act big and tough then fine, go to that school.".

-

"AYO THEY'RE FIGHTING", a student yelled out. 

Hoseok turned around and saw the herd of his so called classmates rush to the scene. "You're not gonna go look hyung?", Jungkook asked. "If you want to go then go look I just don't care". 

Jungkook, who was a junior rolled his eyes, "Wow, you're so cool". Hoseok began to walk to his class, "There goes the president". The two boys saw Kim Namjoon running to the fight because no offense, the security guards were only good for yelling out "Stop it!" and bless Namjoon who is only student body president for trying to make the school better. 

-

The prince began making his bag, in his fantasy he was winning the battle of annoying his father. Well, actually it goes deeper than that, the way his dad was the king yet was cheating on his mother, the fact his mother knows but they both keep that a secret for the sake of "image". Or the way his father wants him to marry some princess when he's only 18, but on top of that, he was very much gay, in the closet, but gay.

Granted, he never got to leave the house, that's how he got to act so flamboyant at home. 

In a way the prince acted out so his father could feel the pain he was causing him, trashy and messy? For sure but the prince was planning his biggest scheme yet. 

"Son-"

"Mother, please don't", the prince managed to find a small apartment near this school he wanted to go to, nothing was stopping him now.

The queen sighed, "I am not here to change your mind, I am here to tell you that your father is going to say you're leaving to that school so you can connect with your people". 

"WHAT THE FUCK!", the prince yelled out, you can count on his father to ruin his plans. The queen left her son's room and Agust sat on his bed. 

He would be living in a run down apartment complex, in a "dangerous neighborhood", he would be attending school that had low funding with "wasted youths" as his dad referred to them. He knew it was dangerous and his life would be at risk, but out of spite for his father, his reign couldn't continue if Agust were to get injured.

-

"So I failed that test", Jungkook sat down with Hoseok in the cafeteria, "You gotta get tutoring", the older said as he brought out lunch. "Aren't you failing? Don't you ditch constantly?", the younger scoffed. He knew Hoseok meant well, but why give good advice if the person themselves doesn't follow it?

"Yeah...well Koo, be better than me...don't be like me.", Hoseok began cutting the kimbap for the two. "Awe, Hobi!", Jungkook smiled, he loved this side of his friend. 

"Stop it and eat". 

As lunch time went by the two boys ate lunch, ignoring the fact that yet another fight broke out, and they enjoyed each other's company.

"This place is a dump", Jungkook said while throwing away his trash, "But at least I have you!" he looked over and realized Hoseok walked off and was talking to Yugyeom. 

"Oh for fucks sake", Jungkook stormed over.

"So tonight?" Yugyeom asked, "Why not", Hoseok agreed. "What are you two doing?"

"Hey doll", Yugyeom said, "Ew", Hoseok scoffed, "Nothing Jungkook, let's go to class". Hoseok pulled the younger by the book bag, "Hyung, you can't keep hanging out with them.". 

"Yeah, I know.". 

-

"How do you plan on paying for this little...place" the king asked. "I got it, just leave me alone", the prince said. "They're going to eat you alive out there". 

The prince smiled, "You're really underestimating me, why don't you just make your little speech already, I'm leaving". 

The king grew furious. 

The prince left happily. 

-

Hoseok arrived home, turning on his T.V waiting for Yugyeom to call, there was a rerun of That 70's Show, that was one of his highlights of the day. 

"This is the one where they skinny dip", Hoseok thought to himself, he wouldn't mind doing that one day. 

"We interrupt this programing for the king has a message-"

"Are you serious?" Hoseok groaned. 

"My people, I will keep this short as this is nothing to fuss over. My son, Agust D has decided to go to one of the school in the district here, I couldn't say no, he needs to live his life, he also saw this as a chance to connect with everyone before his reign-". Hoseok scoffed, "Yeah right.".

"However due to safety, I made it clear to him to hide his identity for obvious reasons, not many people like me and that is fine, but I hope no one takes it out on him. However if for some reason my son doesn't hide his identity, he will bring shame to us all for he cannot keep a promise, he knows the consequences, good luck my son.". 

The prince who managed to hear the message over someone's phone on the street, stood still, almost frozen. 

What promise? There was no promise and now he has this pressure that he would be bringing shame to everyone simply because his father said so. But his dad doesn't care about him. He's a great liar and an even better actor. 

Agust began walking to his new home and he hated that a small part of him grew afraid.